Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What idiot dubble dubs anime!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Exactly, wise man!!

Newbie Jupiter~Fox may be famous one day Jupiter~Fox may be famous one day Jupiter~Fox's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosconcubine
    Please don't make this into a Gaia online topic, please.

First off, my ignorant friend, there is a big difference between dubbing and editing. Editing is where they take out parts that aern't "KIDS SAFE" or contain alot of blood, and edit them to be suitable for the wee yougin's eyes. Second, Dubbing is a form of recording voice avaivble to match the animations language.
    So the proper term would be ; ENGLISH DUBBING. And not all of them are bad. Recently, there have been tons of outstanding voice work done on various series;
    Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Nightwalker, FLCL,Saiyuki, Outlaw Star, Wolfs Rain, Angel Sanctuary. These are just to name a few. Also note that dubbing is an extreamly hard task; One word in Japanese can have at least 3 different meanings/tones. This means editors have to add more dialouge to have the character mouths fit with what they are saying. Does it mean it is any different from the origional? No.
    And if you are such a "PUREST" wouldn't you watch your anime raw, insted of subtitled? After all, subtitles are considered editing ; a crutch to not knowing the Japanese language.

My point is: You eltist really should investiage things before you go shooting off your mouth. Because, if you ask me, the only that sucks around here is your lame opinion on English Dubbing. Its all based upon person preference; they are not different from eachother..at all.
    Wow......Talking about tough love! Sheesh, can you be just a hint nicer *giggle* But anyway I do agree and come to a understanding where you coming from and going with this and for the Gaia part-not being rude here just respectful to others like you should- This is a completly diffrent forum and you can't just say you can't do that because in that case everybody would be on one huge forum but I digress. All I'm trying to say that double dubbing is stupid and takes the feel out of the char. you gottrn use too over the time you have been watching the anime series or whatever.
    Once you have Anime you shall NEVER walk Alone!

Newbie zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking

This wasn't ment towards you, Jupiter Fox. I was hinting at it to that Kira person. Sorry if I sounded harsh, but people need to show alittle more respect towards dubbing/US companies. As for your problem, I can understand, seeing as ADV has a bad habbit of doing it with their dvds. I think you might have bought one of the eailier Milk-Chan DVDs, ones they show at cons and such. Milk's voice actress was changed once the final realse was made. Why? Who knows. It could also be the sound quality of your DVD. ADV has a bad habbit of having horrid sound quality for some of their anime realese. You could report this to ADV, and ask them about this issue as well. They are pretty nice when it comes to technical issues.
    Last edited by zerosconcubine; Nov 16, 2004 at 02:33 PM.
    JOURNAL|SHEZZYART|ROCKDUB

Wallow in my pain
    I swallow as I pretend
    To act like I'm happy

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Sounds to me like we've got ourselves a real fighter here. Good! Another level head to help balance out the tide of morons...

Anyways... I was going to just ignore this thread just because anti-sub or anti-dub threads are usually full of ignorant fools and idiots. It seems, though, that zerosconcubine has gone and already beaten some sense into people, and all that's left for me to do is agree.

While dubs are not my personal preference, I have to appreciate the fact that they exist. Because of dubbing, more anime is being brought over from Japan so it can be dubbed and distributed. Occasionally, they even do a good job with the dubbing! That's when it's really fun to watch.

Newbie game861 may be famous one day game861 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Now that is weird, who and why would anyone dub it again? It sounded good on DVD. There was no reason to redub it. Maybe adultswim thought it would be funnier if they had the voices changed and hire someone to change them, who knows. As for dubs and subs, I don't care which one it is. Just as long one is in a lanauge that I can understand.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter~Fox
    If anyone know(or don't) Super Milk-Chan show come on adult-swim. If you are a true fan of the series and bought the DVD which you know already is dubbed you should have a problem with this too!

If you were a true fan of the series you'd be ecstatic that Cartoon Network is making the effort to share such a marvelous series with the english-speaking world.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Newbie zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by game861
    Now that is weird, who and why would anyone dub it again? It sounded good on DVD. There was no reason to redub it. Maybe adultswim thought it would be funnier if they had the voices changed and hire someone to change them, who knows. As for dubs and subs, I don't care which one it is. Just as long one is in a lanauge that I can understand.
    They didn't double dub it, there is a difference between eailier realeses and newer ones.

The version you have is probaly the sample DVDS they show at anime cons. Which means the voice acting is alot different. Milk's voice actress was probaly changed once the final realse was made. Why? Who knows. It could also be the sound quality of your DVD. ADV has a bad habbit of having horrid sound quality for some of their anime realese. You could report this to ADV, and ask them about this issue as well. They are pretty nice when it comes to technical issues.
    Zui-Quan, you are my new hero
    JOURNAL|SHEZZYART|ROCKDUB

Wallow in my pain
    I swallow as I pretend
    To act like I'm happy

Newbie game861 may be famous one day game861 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    My mistake zero, what does dubble mean anyway? I thought it was some slang way of spelling double.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast