Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: What idiot dubble dubs anime!

Newbie zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine may be famous one day zerosconcubine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laharl
    dub sucks anyways, and who in their right minds whould double dub (tounge twister XD) this is odd indeed.
    I really do loath re-peating myself....
    Recently, there have been tons of outstanding voice work done on various series;
    Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Nightwalker, FLCL,Saiyuki, Outlaw Star, Wolfs Rain, Angel Sanctuary. These are just to name a few. Also note that dubbing is an extreamly hard task; One word in Japanese can have at least 3 different meanings/tones. This means editors have to add more dialouge to have the character mouths fit with what they are saying. Does it mean it is any different from the origional? No.
    And if you are such a "PUREST" wouldn't you watch your anime raw, insted of subtitled? After all, subtitles are considered editing ; a crutch to not knowing the Japanese language.

My point is: You eltist really should investiage things before you go shooting off your mouth. Because, if you ask me, the only that sucks around here is your lame opinion on English Dubbing. Its all based upon person preference; they are not different from eachother..at all.
    JOURNAL|SHEZZYART|ROCKDUB

Wallow in my pain
    I swallow as I pretend
    To act like I'm happy

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    This topic is just getting old...in my opinion people have their reasons for disliking dubs and subs....just saying dubbs suck or subbs suck is kinda pointless if you ask me.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes I agree, this topic is getting boring and old. Lets close it?

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Just don't post on it, and people will eventually ignore it.

Newbie Jupiter~Fox may be famous one day Jupiter~Fox may be famous one day Jupiter~Fox's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    I changed the size of your font. The larger font made it seem like you were yelling at me.

You don't want to be yelling at me.

Oh and by the way, Cartoon network is NOT responsible for the english dub. Blame the U.S. producer for the dubbing. CN may recommend edits to make it suitable for a children's network, but they have no control over the quality of the voice acting. They only air what the distributor gives them.
    First of all nobody was yelling and if so I will do it with out a problem but thats just not me but again I digress. I doubt the U.S can be resposible for it's (who ever is hosting it) either to edit or get the right voices for the edit or both.....WHATEVER! all I said was that I didn't like the new voices. I didn't ask for a debate really or an argument. Just your opinions and settelments.
    Once you have Anime you shall NEVER walk Alone!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5