Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What if you were God?

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think "atheist" was a death metal band from florid. But y?

btw, Dark, cheers!

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    If I were God, this world would be a very messed up place...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    If I were God, this world would be a very messed up place...

yeah, no god would label themselves "i suck"

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Dark_Soul may be famous one day Dark_Soul may be famous one day Dark_Soul's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think you got the wrong question.
    Think about it. If you were god, you would be the same as our gor.
    So you'll do the same things that he did, do, and will do.
    Maybe the right question is:
    What if, somehow, you got the power to do anything you want, no matter what?
    Anyway.
    If I "were" god, I'll dissapear you all for trying to being like me.

Cuando oigas a un niño preguntar "¿Por que el sol viene y se va?"
    Dile "Porque en esta vida no hay luz sin obscuridad"

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Not nessisarily the wrong question, you see god was never human and already knew everything and had no human flaws, but if one of us humans(assuming most of you are...) were god we would NOT do the same as God because we are ignorant to a lot of stuff and God being god isn't. People being God would mess up alot more than God ever will.(Hello? Bruce Almighty mean anything to you?)

In short, I disagree.

Newbie Dark_Soul may be famous one day Dark_Soul may be famous one day Dark_Soul's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's the problem. The question is:
    What if you WERE god? Bruce Almighty was not god, but he could do anything he wanted to.
    But that's not the point of this thread, so let's finish this in another place

Cuando oigas a un niño preguntar "¿Por que el sol viene y se va?"
    Dile "Porque en esta vida no hay luz sin obscuridad"

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It's an interesting thought - the power of god vs the responsibilites of god.
    I actually had a character in my head once that had been given the power to do anything. The thing is she, or rather I, became rather hung up on what to do with it. At first she thought it was great, end hunger, war, yadah yadah. But she eventually realized the causes of these things were as complex and as simple as human nature and that to end all these trials she would have to change the basic nature of humanity - something she didn't feel she had a right to do. So she limited herself personal interventions and natural disasters. Until she realized that for every person she gave a helping hand to there was another that was trying to use her. And that the seemly obvious answer often created all sorts of other problems. Eventually she ended wiping everybody's memories of her, and commuting between this and her own little mini-dimension she created.

Basically it came down to the fact that though she was omnipotent, she wasn't all-knowing. And without that knowledge her powers restricted her in ways a pure mortal could never be.

So I guess that's my answer - If I had the powers of a god I'd make my own little world - and let the real god worry about saving humanity. Not because I wouldn't want to, but because I couldn't.

Newbie Virus may be famous one day Virus may be famous one day
    Thanks

Talking

if god you all would be enslaved nothing personal

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast