Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What Language would you choose?

Newbie Elves may be famous one day Elves may be famous one day Elves's Avatar
    Thanks

What Language would you choose?

Okay everybody that's ever learned a second language or those who are also having/had this problem: I need to learn a language to meet my college's degree requirements. However, I suck at picking up new languages. I have already tried one semester's worth of Japanese and I find it hard and hear that it only becomes more complicated. (Yes, as all languages do, I'm aware of this. ) I am currently considering changing to a different language so from the list below, which one would you choose to learn and why? Ex. sentence structure, word usage, etc.

French
    German
    Italian
    Latin
    Spanish
    Chinese
    Russian
    Swahili
    American Sign Language

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    What is you former language.........

If this is english, then choose german. cause the english is near the german in most point.
    If this is french, Choose spanish. same here.

Or You can choose a language that you are really motivated to learn. When you put your spirit to something, the learning come more easy....
    Coming soon.........

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would pick chinese or spanish
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    My history in foreign languages...

Two years of Spanish in high school. Then I went two and a half years with nothing before deciding out of nowhere to try Japanese. I ended up with a B in the course, but it was hardly enjoyable. I would like maybe later in life to advance my knowledge but for right now nothing. Then this past summer I went back to Spanish where I felt more at home. I honestly think I enjoy Spanish more because its easier, I'm starting to feel like I know the language pretty well now. I'm not intimidated to go to Spanish speaking countries anymore, I hope maybe one day I will.

Newbie frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ewww too many ppl pick spanish >.< (all teh azns at my school)

French is good :D

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would choose either spanish or chinese as well, spanish is kinda easier and rolls right off ur tongue if u know english very well, it does for me at least, for chinese....i not so sure but i think it would be the most interesting next to japanese....makes me wonder why u choose japanese in the first place.....

Try an asian language, i speak vietnamese sorta because i am viet and i know just a wee bit about it from my parents, not so fluent thought

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, if you had trouble with Japanese, then Chinese won't be any easier...Spanish, Frech and Italian have a lot of similatiries(they're all dirivitaves of latin) and the easiest among those is probably Spanish. But also take into consideration which culture you're interested in learning, since you'll be doing a lot of that...i took French for 4 years in high school and I had a blast

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Québec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenwilderness
    Ewww too many ppl pick spanish >.< (all teh azns at my school)

French is good
    Ye longue vie au francais......

Just kidding pal
    Coming soon.........

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast