Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What Language would you choose?

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Dude i feel u man i suck at languages but from that list german is probably the easiet to learn...

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    hrm....i would never suggest chinese to anyone >.< unless they're good at picking up symbols and new tones. If you struggled with jap, i wouldn't suggest going to chinese. Unless you're only going to learn to speak and not read...then go for Mandarin (chinese)

I would go for latin....it's the basis of languages and a good place to start After latin, spanish, french and those are going to be slightly easier to pick up cuz well, they're all related in some way.

Chinese and Jap and the like are harder to pick up because of katana (characters/symbols) but phonics wise, i find jap to be easier than Chinese (both kinds)...I'm a fluent speaker of Cantonese and understand some Mandarin, but for the life of me could not retain more than roughly 100 chinese characters. I find Jap characters easier to retain because they're almost like the alphabet...you relate a symbol to a sound....but chinese....there's millions of characters, each depicting a different word.....the whole concept is just mind boggling.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would take chinese, as i think it is the easiest to learn among the list to me >< I would also like to take Japanese, but i think chinese is much more easier, as I'm one
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Newbie cyberdoll may be famous one day cyberdoll may be famous one day cyberdoll's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have to 2nd that if you speak english, german is probably going to be the easiest way to go. I myself am learning japanese right now, also for college, weird.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ok, asuming that being from Iowa you only speak English, from easiest to hardest:

American Sign Language
    Spanish
    Latin
    German
    Italian
    French
    Russian
    Swahili
    Chinese

If you plan on staying in the states and want something easy I would recommend American Sign Language. It will open alot of job options you might not have otherwise.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks

french

i would go for french
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenwilderness
    Ewww too many ppl pick spanish >.< (all teh azns at my school)

French is good
    Haha of course people pick Spanish it is the second language in the Us well if you live here that is . I would pick American sign language cause I always wanted to know it and would come in handy. And freakin colleges never have korean grrr evil just evil

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    since no one has said this one, i would go with Latin. Latin seems real interesting to learn and it's a classic amoung languages. since after all, every other language was derived from Latin. who knows, Latin could be fun.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast