Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What makes a good song?

Otaku Creesco may be famous one day Creesco may be famous one day Creesco's Avatar
    Thanks

What makes a good song?

I've been thinking of whether or not people listen to the lyrics or the audio part of a song. EX, System of a Down has very thought provoking lyrics that can either shape your mind to having a higher understanding of the events in the world or shape your mind into hating the people that go against the power. Now I recently heard Green Day's newest album Bullet to the Bible or something like that. Now this album features similar topics about going against the power of religion. But it seems to a long stretch of words strung by confusion with a good beat to it. Now I've heard Fall Out Boy's hit "Sugar we're going down". This song has no meaning what so ever, just words strung together. So whats your opionion on a good song?

Full Metal Alchemist sucks. Wanna try and prove me wrong?
    www.creesco.com
    We have nothing else to do except rate your grammar.

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What makes a good song?

Wat I do first is to listen to the lyrics to see if I like it and understand wat the song is about and how the song is supposed to make u feel,if I like it I focus
    on everything then I just listen to it.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I listen to and enjoy all types of music. There is somthing worth listening to in every song. Wether it be the story of how a farmboy coped with losing everything he had or how well Jimi can play the Star Spanggled Banner. The pure devotion you here in gospel music to the hard hitting riffs of SlipKnot. There is someting worth while in every variety of music and in every song. you just have to listen for it.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Given that I listen to "electronic" styles of music (techno, house, etc.), it's obviously all about the actual music for me, given the fact that a lot of techno music doesn't even have lyrics (especially trance). A lot of times there are lyrics or even audio portions from movies in songs that make them funnier, cooler, or whatever it is that it contributes. I.e. the beginning of a Morgan Sentinel song where it has a clip from Pulp Fiction; *BLAST!* "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?" Word.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

It has to provoke some sort of feeling inside me for me to deem it good. Otherwise its just like any other song, just something to listen to to pass the time. If you can make me almost cry or feel something, then its a good song.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Good point. I didn't really think of it like that, but when it comes right down to it, the beat and lyrics are both components of the song that are there for no purpose other than to give a feeling of some sort.
    That's why I like techno. It makes me happy and energetic.
    Energy's something that I'm certainly in no short supply of, as those who know me will tell you. Word.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Czech songs (native language) - the words are substantial.
    Foreign songs:
    English - the melody is important, plus it mustn't contain foul language (Gwen Stefani )
    Japanese - almost anything will do, but I don't really like their presentation of rock.

Otaku *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura*'s Avatar
    Thanks

A good song? It should have a thoughtful meaning and nice music that makes you become emotional. I mostly listen to devotional songs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast