Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

What is the most overrated / underrated anime of all time???

...I'd get killed for expressing my opinion on it!

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

Most overrated: Dragonball... I don't understand the hype... It's cool, but it's not as great as those outside of the anime scene get the impression that it is. It's about the only talked about anime outside of the serious anime people.
    Most underrated: Initial D. It doesn't get much exposure in the states. Inuyasha as well, but not as much (as far as I can tell).
    P.S. Add Pokemon to the underrated list. People consider it childish, but it's amazing. At least that's my opinion. A lot of people don't seem to share that opinion with me.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragon Ball Z and maybe Naruto are two of the most overrated anime/manga series ever
    why?
    the DB[Z/GT] series still has many fan[boys/girls] out there worshipping the man-boobs of Goku

and Naruto
    it's almost turning into another DBZ with the repetivity
    and everybody loves it
    anime with 100+ episodes always seem to suffer greatly here in the States
    and Naruto? what? ain't he pushin 200+?

underrated?
    easy!
    HAMTARO!!

sure, it's a show about hamsters...
    but it's a show about talking hamsters, man!
    they can talk!!!
    oh, and the theme music is very catchy

yeah...
    Last edited by Innerhell; Sep 07, 2005 at 08:34 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    underrated?
    easy!
    HAMTARO!!

sure, it's a show about hamsters...
    but it's a show about talking hamsters, man!
    they can talk!!!
    oh, and the theme music is very catchy

yeah...
    LoL... Never actually watched it. Is it actually good, or is this one of those acquired taste type of things?

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    P.S. Add Pokemon to the underrated list. People consider it childish, but it's amazing. At least that's my opinion. A lot of people don't seem to share that opinion with me.
    Pokemon deserves a "meh" too many episodes with much of the same lame jokes and yeah, you know it is aimed at the younger kids. I got into Pokemon at about 10 yrs old, stopped around 14.

Btw, on a side note about Pokemon, anyone know how Ash got his last name?(cause unfortunately, MY last name is Ketchum).

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    LoL... Never actually watched it. Is it actually good, or is this one of those acquired taste type of things?
    let me just say...
    it's as entertaining and fun as Sesame Street
    except you probably won't learn anything
    it's all just warm-hearted family-friendly fun
    sure there's no real storyline
    but who cares!?

heh, it's feels good to take a break from the brutal violence, blood and gore of the anime that I usually watch
    and it helps regain my sanity...
    Last edited by Innerhell; Sep 07, 2005 at 08:40 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Thanks

I think it's just 'cause he's gotta "Ketchum" all. LoL Other than a marketing ploy, it would be because he was born into the Ketchum family

P.S. I'm sure, in that case (towards the Hamtaro reply), if I can get into Pokemon, I can get into Hamtaro
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Sep 07, 2005 at 08:41 PM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble...

In my collection, the choice of most over rated series is an easy one... 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' is a highly rated classic anime series, but hyped as 'The Greatest Anime Series of All Times'... (now that's over-rated, and the more recent 'RahXephon' is a better series...)

Now for most underrated, this is a series that most of you haven't seen (but should), and is called 'Princess Nine'. A baseball/sports anime series produced by NHK (Japanes Public Broadcasting) with a wonder soundtrack done by the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra, this series is one of the best written that I have ever seen. It is so good that every friend that I've loaned this series to have ended up losing alot of sleep to watch this series... (which also makes this series great for marathon anime watching) Once you get past the second DVD, you can't put this series away...

ADV Films Princess Nine website...
    http://www.advfilms.com/favorites/pr...ine/index.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast