Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhawk
    Btw, on a side note about Pokemon, anyone know how Ash got his last name?(cause unfortunately, MY last name is Ketchum).
    it's just a pun
    Misty is named "Misty" because she likes water
    Brock -> rock
    Ash Ketchum -> like Agent Orange said, he needs to "catch 'em" all
    which is funny cuz if you watch the show
    he does the opposite
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie HiME may be famous one day HiME may be famous one day HiME's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble Grumble...

In my collection, the choice of most over rated series is an easy one... 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' is a highly rated classic anime series, but hyped as 'The Greatest Anime Series of All Times'... (now that's over-rated, and the more recent 'RahXephon' is a better series...)

Now for most underrated, this is a series that most of you haven't seen (but should), and is called 'Princess Nine'. A baseball/sports anime series produced by NHK (Japanes Public Broadcasting) with a wonder soundtrack done by the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra, this series is one of the best written that I have ever seen. It is so good that every friend that I've loaned this series to have ended up losing alot of sleep to watch this series... (which also makes this series great for marathon anime watching) Once you get past the second DVD, you can't put this series away...

ADV Films Princess Nine website...
    http://www.advfilms.com/favorites/pr...ine/index.html
    I have to agree with you on that Neon Genesis Evangelion being overrated.. There are so many fanboys and fangirls that love Evangelion so much, and they think that no other anime can be compared to it. (trust me..I know from experience) If you even try to mention other series, somehow.. it's an immediate shut down.
    m a y d r e a m s c o m e s o f t l y

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

yes
    brock stoan
    misty rayne
    ash ketchum
    tracy sketchum
    etc, ect.

not sure on the first 2 names but yes very
    underrated I still watch it I guess I'm just brain washed

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Around here, the only animes ever brought up are Dragon Ball and Ninja Scroll. I had never heard of Neon Genesis Evangelion until I came to this site. I have yet to see a single episode (or movie, saga, so on and so forth) of Neon Gen. Is it at least worth watching?
    Also, thanks for the link Mr. Mod! LoL
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    Around here, the only animes ever brought up are Dragon Ball and Ninja Scroll. I had never heard of Neon Genesis Evangelion until I came to this site. I have yet to see a single episode (or movie, saga, so on and so forth) of Neon Gen. Is it at least worth watching?
    it's a great anime
    you should watch it
    just be careful
    Shinji (the main character) can get people depressed
    he is such an emo kid
    I love my girlfriend.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll keep that in mind I saw it at my local Suncoast (I love that store) and I was going to pick it up. I decided on Ninja Scroll's 10th anniversary edition, Akira, and Vampire Hunter D (which I didn't know was so old until I was told) instead. It turned out well
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Newbie Hiko may be famous one day Hiko may be famous one day Hiko's Avatar
    Thanks

Neon Genesis Evangelion is by far one of the most overrated anime. It's good, it makes you think, but there are better anime out there in my opinion.

I think alot of people underrate sports anime. I watched Hajime no Ippo (boxing)and Slam Dunk (basketball), and both of them are amazing anime. I would suggest watching them even if you're not a sport's fan.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

OK, well I hope I can say this without being screamed at. I think the most overrated anime is Fullmetal Alchemist. I know it's pretty recent, but seriously. It's ridiculous! I went to Anime Expo 2005 and The top two cosplayers there were 'Ed Elrichs' and 'Narutards' x3 .... They had FMA and Naruto gatherings, which were almost pitiful to watch. Hundreds of people, all dressed as the same EXACT person gathering in one spot. ZERO originality. In anycase. I think the most underrated anime...well, eh the only one that comes to mind is Serial Experiments Lain. For as philosophical as it was, it HARDLY gained any popularity. Perhaps simple minded people found its intellectual concepts too difficult to comprehend.

;>>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast