Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    OK, well I hope I can say this without being screamed at. I think the most overrated anime is Fullmetal Alchemist. I know it's pretty recent, but seriously. It's ridiculous! I went to Anime Expo 2005 and The top two cosplayers there were 'Ed Elrichs' and 'Narutards' x3 .... They had FMA and Naruto gatherings, which were almost pitiful to watch. Hundreds of people, all dressed as the same EXACT person gathering in one spot. ZERO originality. In anycase. I think the most underrated anime...well, eh the only one that comes to mind is Serial Experiments Lain. For as philosophical as it was, it HARDLY gained any popularity. Perhaps simple minded people found its intellectual concepts too difficult to comprehend.

;>>
    C l o s e _ t h e _w o r l d . _ t x E n _ e h t _ n e p O

s.e Lain is one of my favorites
    yeah, come to think of it, it is underrated
    too bad
    it was an awesome series

as for your comments on FmA...
    ...yeah...
    well... for every Ed, there's five Sephiroths
    I love my girlfriend.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell

C l o s e _ t h e _w o r l d . _ t x E n _ e h t _ n e p O

s.e Lain is one of my favorites
    yeah, come to think of it, it is underrated
    too bad
    it was an awesome series
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    for every Ed, there's five Sephiroths
    ALSO Agreed. ^^;;

Heheh.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Overrated:

FMA
    Inuyasha
    Yu Yu Hakisho
    Naruto

Underrated:

Fist of North Star!!!!!11111112@#*&

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Overrated: Dragon Ball z - some of the episodes are fun...but cmon! Geez.

Underrated: Genocyber - Intense gore/violence, a kickass looking organic cyborg.Nuff said!

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Overrated
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (not the best anime ever)
    Ah! My Goddess! (Its good...but it seems to have a ton of fanboys..and I don't see the big deal)
    Chobits (see above)
    Ghost In The Shell (sooo overrated...at least the movie is, I can't comment on the series since I haven't watched it)
    Excel Saga
    Love Hina (Ok, I love this anime, but it does get a bit too much hype)

Underrated
    Scrapped Princess
    Haibane Renmei
    Paranoia Agent
    Revoltunary Girl Utena
    Berserk

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm more of an old-school fan, so the Fullmetal Alchemist stuff is new to me. I've seen the name Naruto all over the web though, so I guess it's safe to agree that it is overexposed. Im' sick of hearing about it, and I've never seen it.

Agent Orange- If you like the Vampire Hunter D movie, you should check out the sequel, although the story isn't as good.

My vote for underrated goes to FLCL, but seeing as though I've been out of the anime scene for so long, I don't know if this is truly the case. It blew me away. The style and music is like nothing I've seen before. I see we have some fans though (Innerhell and Tasukuchan)

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

....You never really hear Lunar Legend Tsukihime OR Haibane Renmei mentioned, either! Both of which Geneon RELEASED! Actually, I'm not too sure if Geneon released Haibane Renmei, but I am assuming they did, seeing how Lain was. Meh, pretty much...whatever Adult Swim airs on TV is popular. Although it's NOT always the case, it's generally the rule of thumb. I enjoyed Lunar Legend Tsukihime! Elfen Lied, released by ADV, deserves an honorable mention as well...

MOD Edit: Don't Double Post. There's a EDIT button to add text to a post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by know1
    My vote for underrated goes to FLCL, but seeing as though I've been out of the anime scene for so long, I don't know if this is truly the case. It blew me away. The style and music is like nothing I've seen before. I see we have some fans though (Innerhell and Tasukuchan)

...What is odd is that Gainax (now a dissolved company), the Studio who created Neon Genesis Evangelion, also created FLCL. Surprisingly, FLCL never took on the popularity that NGE did. Many similarities can be seen between these two animes, but people don't stop and take the time to appreciate FLCL. I don't like popular OR long, drawn out animes. 40 episodes is usually the cutoff line, I like something that IS collectible and affordable. FLCL, in a nutshell, fit the bill.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

gotta love FLCL
    short and simple (or maybe a little complex)
    6 episodes of anime perfection and The Pillows
    13-40 episodes is like the standard in most anime series
    more than that is usually just too much

hmm...
    Cowboy Bebop? maybe a little overrated? no?
    I love my girlfriend.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast