Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    Cowboy Bebop? maybe a little overrated? no?
    Overexposed maybe more appropriate, but tne again, to each their own. I am getting a little bored of the attention that it gets around these parts though, and as you can see from my sig, I am a fan. But it was damn good, especially because it ended at the perfect point- leaving you wanting a bit more. I hate it when anything is beaten to death by it's own lathargic and uninspired self.

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks

The most overrated anime, eh? My answer is simple--Dragon Ball. Enough said.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

the dragonball serise to me is the MOST OVERRATED anime i have ever seen! its just disgusting how people think its so "that", when its not all that. the most underrated anime i have is propobly Princess TuTu. i heard it was so bad but i think its very good!! people really need to see the anime in order to rate it and i mean people like us. people with just common sence!!!

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Newbie manman may be famous one day manman may be famous one day manman's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I agree with the general sentiment, Evangelion is one of my all time favorite animes and Love Hina is absolutely awesome too (along with the manga which is much better than the series) but (eva especially) recieves a bit too much hype.

as for underated I'd have to say Azumanga Daioh.

seriously, you need azumanga in your life, its weird at first but it is just so funny and awesome that you soon become addicted, simple as.

Newbie LowKey may be famous one day LowKey may be famous one day LowKey's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the Most OVERRATED / UNDERRATED Anime?

When I hear that question the fisrt thing that come to mind is DBZ
    I addmit that I use to like watching dbz back when I was in middle school but now the saga are like the game DBZ Saga enough said. good bye

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Overrated:

- Pokémon (I know it's not that overrated, but the whole Pokémon thing in general is overrated and ANNOYING)
    - Ghost in the Shell (I fall asleep every time I try and watch the movie)
    - Naruto (Now I haven't watched all of it, I've only seen the first 8 episodes, but I fell asleep for the first 4, and I just don't see what the big deal is. I just think it's the fact it's so hyped that turns me off)
    -Dragonball Z (But only Dragon Ball Z, because Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT are actually pretty good and I like them. I don't know how anyone can even sit through Dragon Ball Z when it takes 3 months for one fight and another 3 months just for them to power up, yawn)
    - Fruits Basket (It's really hyped for a mediocre anime)

Underrated:

- Revolutionary Girl Utena (It's funny, serious and has great music)
    - Kimagure Orange Road (It's a really good series, it's old, but the characters are so likable)
    - Dragon Ball (The first series in the dragon ball series, but it's an actual story, it's funny and entertaining. Just be sure to watch the Japanese version and not the TV edited version)
    - Boys Over Flowers (Great manga and anime)
    - Golden Boy (It's not for children, but this anime had me in tears laughing every episode)
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    ....What is odd is that Gainax (now a dissolved company), the Studio who created Neon Genesis Evangelion, also created FLCL. Surprisingly, FLCL never took on the popularity that NGE did. Many similarities can be seen between these two animes, but people don't stop and take the time to appreciate FLCL. I don't like popular OR long, drawn out animes. 40 episodes is usually the cutoff line, I like something that IS collectible and affordable. FLCL, in a nutshell, fit the bill.
    So when did GAINAX studios ever dissolve??? ('The Melody of Oblivion' is a Studio GAINAX works??? hmmmm...)

Studio GAINAX (Japanese) Website
    http://www.gainax.co.jp/

GAINAX studio English site (old)
    http://www.gainax.co.jp/menu-e.html

And Pioneer/Geneon Entertainment did release the complete Haibane Renmei series...
    Geneon official Haibane Renmei Website...
    http://www.haibanerenmei.com/
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    So when did GAINAX studios ever dissolve??? ('The Melody of Oblivion' is a Studio GAINAX works??? hmmmm...)

...Wait, I'm sorry, I'm confused ><;; I read on several miscellaneous sites some time ago that Gainax broke up. Actually, I've had numerous people tell me the reason they "dissolved" was due to some conflict over FLCL. The sites I were reading were probably not legitimate. For two years now, I had the impression that Gainax was no longer together. Wow...I got PWNed! ^^;;
    Last edited by tasukuchan; Sep 09, 2005 at 08:40 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast