Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What motivates' you in making a thread!?

Newbie Troggard may be famous one day Troggard may be famous one day Troggard's Avatar
    Thanks

What motivates' you in making a thread!?

I apologize in advance if I made this thread in error.

This situation always happens to me:

I'm at work, in the car, or otherwise away from my computer. Something will happen around me or I'll think of something that would make for an awesome thread. I'll spend at least the next hour thinking about exactly how I'm going to make the thread and try to remember when it for when I get back home. However, when I finally make it back to my computer (and beloved internet), I totally space the idea and my amazing thread never gets made. Has this happened to you guys? I'm seriously considering getting a small notepad to jot down my thread ideas so I don't lose 'em. Yeah, I'm officially a nerd.

Items for discussion:
    - Forgetting awesome threads
    - How to remember threads for posting later
    - What you consider to be a good thread

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What motivates' you in making a thread!?

i changed the title a bit, ill allow this thread.
    I sometimes will be talking about something with my friends nad just right the topic down or remember it then talk about ti latr online, with all my ao friends ^_^.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

i normally just make the thread on the spot. awesome ideas...uhm...never occured to me before. i only make threads if i think it has discussion value, and if it's worth discussing. i guess you could call that an awesome idea, but to me, it's more like...a new thread worth discussing. but yeah...i tend to think of something great to discuss, then forget to post it...and when i eventually remember it, the idea's been taken. bad memories are a big problem at times...

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I just think of some ideas or take some from others Just think of some threads which others didn't think of...

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't typically make threads, I'm a busy guy, and whenever I get a good idea, I'm never close to a computer terminal. But if I do get a good idea, it's usually at work, and if chance has it that I remember the idea, I'll make the thread. If I do have a good idea I'll daydream about how I should word it and have the thread in it's entirety already mapped out in my head long before I make it.

But sometimes I get lazy and never actually get around to creating said thread.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

A good thread is one that deals with issues relevant to everyone. It's no good if you only have two or three people out of many posting in one thread. A good thread is also one that has good posts in it - posts with content and meaningful statements. In relation to that, threads like "What Are You Watching" and "What Are You Listening To Now" can't really be called good threads unless a rule is made that people actually post more content there (i.e. state the singer, song, and a review, or something that might motivate other people to listen to that song as well).

What motivates ME to create a thread?
    Normally I come up with a thread when I want to know more about something - if I want to find out about people's takes on certain issues or a particular show, i.e. "What Did You Think of Hachikuro?" or "Gay Priests - Your Take". Stuff like that.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel
    A good thread is one that deals with issues relevant to everyone. It's no good if you only have two or three people out of many posting in one thread....
    I must heavily disagree with you, because you are forcing people to have the same thoughts everyone. A unique thread is better in my eyes than the popular "What's your favorite anime?" nonsense.
    And as for the original question, which contains a mistake, by the way, nothing. I used to be disappointed too many times for getting replies close to zero although being polite and finally banned (not here yet), so I will just shut up.

Newbie testify012 may be famous one day testify012 may be famous one day testify012's Avatar
    Thanks

for me...nothing motivates me to post a thread..its just i just wanna hav fun...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast