Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what is otaku

Newbie ANGEMINT may be famous one day ANGEMINT may be famous one day ANGEMINT's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what is otaku

Quote Originally Posted by raven2424
    we are all proud to be otaku anime fans!
    otaku boards????
    click here & register to this forum please
    > http://judelyn-ann.livejournal.com/
    Is it ok if I count you as my friend??

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

It's different. Although the "American" meaning is what everyone has said here, the word actually describes a person with no social life. Without any reference to anime, although these lonely people tend to take this interest.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

the media version of otaku (both America and Japan, nowadays) is one who is eccentric about anime...

the original meaning in Japan is one who has an obsession with something BUT it refered to those who were shut-ins and in Japan the meaning of "shut-in" is different than what we have over here...

picture in your mind a person who closes himself off from the world doing whatever they do with their obsessions... OBSESSING in a way that would not only be socially unacceptable but would make them seem socially hazardous...

so in conclusion, the true meaning of otaku (sorry if this offends anyone) is a FREAK who are highly interested in odd things (usally this definition would just be placed under perversion, however... ) AND is dangerous to the public

now all you otkaus who think "duh", it doesn't mean those crazy little hyper people seen running around screaming "COOKIES!" and "I LOVE POCKY!" and "I HATE AMERICA!"... it means you should LITERALLY be in a mental hospital getting help in a serious manner...

The End.

SVZ
    Newbie SVZ may be famous one day SVZ may be famous one day SVZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone told me that Otaku is kinda offensive...

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Otaku means obsessed fan for something, but for me it's anime

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    the media version of otaku (both America and Japan, nowadays) is one who is eccentric about anime...

the original meaning in Japan is one who has an obsession with something BUT it refered to those who were shut-ins and in Japan the meaning of "shut-in" is different than what we have over here...

picture in your mind a person who closes himself off from the world doing whatever they do with their obsessions... OBSESSING in a way that would not only be socially unacceptable but would make them seem socially hazardous...

so in conclusion, the true meaning of otaku (sorry if this offends anyone) is a FREAK who are highly interested in odd things (usally this definition would just be placed under perversion, however... ) AND is dangerous to the public

now all you otkaus who think "duh", it doesn't mean those crazy little hyper people seen running around screaming "COOKIES!" and "I LOVE POCKY!" and "I HATE AMERICA!"... it means you should LITERALLY be in a mental hospital getting help in a serious manner...

The End.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    Someone told me that Otaku is kinda offensive...
    I DID!!! ...or maybe you said that before reading mine... i'm sorry if you did...

NOW YOU KNOW!

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

aha otaku is an anime enthusiast.. an im proud to be an otaku..
    but i need you here tonight
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight
    i really really need you here tonight

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

otaku means...somewhere along the lines of someone who loves anime - an anime freak, as some would translate it into.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast