Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What PS2 RPG's Should I Get?

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks

What PS2 RPG's Should I Get?

*Plays Darth Vader Theme and puts on his helmet*
    As everyone who knows me really well knows I'm a Nintendo fanboy but I'm starting to lose faith(Slightly mind you so I'm more like Anakin than full Darth) in Nintendo. Anywho I'm going to buy a PS2 and I wonder what RPG's are really good for PS2(aside from Final Fantasy I know which ones I'm getting). It like all kinds of RPGs so please help me(and no I'm not a StarWars fanboy so please no pms about episode 3).

Read Magical Detective Daisuke. Part 9 is finally out! Click here to read it! For the complete collection of Magical Detective Daisuke click here.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What PS2 RPG's Should I Get?

Well if your as big a Final Fantasy fan as i am than i would definately have to suggest Kingdom Hearts, it may seem like a kids game but it is truely serious, that AND it stars a huge cast from Final Fantasy (characters from 7,8, and 10 are included). My top ten list is holding Kingdom Hearts as a #4 (only cause i think other games are better) otherwise i would still play it just for fun, its a good game.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

kingdom hearts, Xenosaga 'the first one', .hack// infection +the others, i like okage:shadow king pretty good, Grandia II <---a must get for anyone with a ps2.
    WEll that's all from me.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks

I would recommend Star Ocean 3, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter, and Xenosaga (if u want a good game simply get Ep1, if u want the story ull need to get Ep1 and Ep2). ANd if ur into Startegy Rpg's (like FF Tactics) u should get either Disgaea: Hour Of darkness or Phantom Brave (Disgaea is hard, PB although not as hard emphazies more on strategy).
    Evil is actually in my job description

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

AH! I cant believe i forgot about Xenosaga and .Hack! Now that i think about here are some others i enjoyed...
    Grand Theft Auto #'s 3-above (But just get either Vice City or San Andreas, those are the best two, warning, San Andreas is very racist at times and i would not recomend it to those who can't stand to hear racial comments, there are a lot trust me, i've beaten the game)
    Socom II:US Navy Seals
    Time Crisis 3 (look for the one with the Guncon 2 light gun included, it's really fun!)
    Mobile Suit Gundam:Encounters In Space
    Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty (This game is confusing be careful)
    Devil May Cry 3 (Dante is the half-demon! Don't mean to rag on Inuyasha but for a half-demon Dante would kick his ass... check this game out, it's an M rated game for violance and blood/gore, there isnt much gore but not something for the kiddies lol)
    Last edited by AnimeAficianado; Jun 18, 2005 at 12:05 PM.

Otaku Motoko_san may be famous one day Motoko_san may be famous one day Motoko_san's Avatar
    Thanks

i like many video games.yup.but i'm not sure if some of these are RPG but i do recomand them
    xenosaga is good!(too bad mine got a big scrach in it before i even got to get in to it...)
    Final FantasyX is good very touching....
    .hack//
    i like the story plot of the tekken series
    Kingdom Haerts(i haven't played it but a wach my isister play it)
    StarOcean 'Till the end of time(very fun!!)
    Last edited by Motoko_san; Jun 19, 2005 at 05:15 AM.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

Grand Theft Auto #'s 3-above (But just get either Vice City or San Andreas, those are the best two, warning, San Andreas is very racist at times and i would not recomend it to those who can't stand to hear racial comments, there are a lot trust me, i've beaten the game)
    Socom II:US Navy Seals
    Time Crisis 3 (look for the one with the Guncon 2 light gun included, it's really fun!)
    Dude....those arn't even RPGs...

Of course I'd recommend stuff like FFX and Kingdom Hearts because those are the staple RPGs available for the PS2. Here's other stuff that I would recommend...

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
    Front Mission 4
    La Pucelle Tactics
    Shadow Hearts Covenant

I'd wouldn't recommend .Hack at all. I gotta admit that it was fun when I first played it but it gets extremely repititious.
    Too cool for a sig.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it seems just about everything I would have reccomended has been mentioned but lemme sort these as to my personal reccomendations, anything I add I'll bold 'em.

Reccomend:
    La Pucelle: Tactics - if you ever plan to mod your system, get the PAL Version of this, more features in English Strategy RPG
    Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - If you can find it, it's getting rare, hit Ebay. Strategy RPG
    Phantom Brave - Might be a bit too complex unless you're ready to read a lot of guides on gamefaqs Strategy RPG
    Xenosaga Episode 1: Dur Wille Zur Macht - Only if you like a lot of FMV's and story
    Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Very dark and stylistic
    Atalier Iris: Eternal Mana - This game is NOT released yet, but I have played a reviewers copy of it, so I can reccomend it with personal experience, it's a fantastic turn based Colorful Sprite RPG hitting stores June 28th.
    Makai Kingdom - This game is also NOT released yet, but I have played the japanese version of it, so I'm going to reccomend this when it hits stores July 15th (hopefully) Strategy RPG

Don't Reccomend:
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga - It was very boring and bland, the system was pretty lame and I found myself falling asleep and being unable to distinguish any difference in the areas.
    Star Ocean 3 - It has a half decent action battle system, but if you make your own items the game gets cheap FAST, not to mention the story is a complete disaser.
    .hack//game - Absolutely atrocious in every possible way.
    Socom II:US Navy Seals NOT AN RPG
    Time Crisis 3 NOT AN RPG
    Mobile Suit Gundam:Encounters In Space NOT AN RPG
    Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty NOT AN RPG
    Devil May Cry 3 NOT AN RPG
    Tekken NOT AN RPG
    Grand Theft Auto Series NOT AN RPG - Although these are must haves for PS2 owners anyway.
    Stella Deus: Gates of Eternity - Very boring and bland, easy AI, pretty weak Strategy RPG

No Opinion/Never Played
    Kingdom Hearts - I've been meaning to play this though, it's on my list of things to get.
    Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne - I was going to play this but after Digital Devil Saga, I don't know...
    Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - Never played it but the older BoF games were good...
    Grandia II - I can't believe I forgot about this game!! I meant to get t the second it came out! I would reccomend it but I haven't played it yet myself.
    Arc The Lad: End of Darkness - Arc the Lad games have always been very solid, I have this game now but haven't started playing it, it looks good to me so far though, but I can't back it with experience.
    Last edited by Raven Omega; Jun 19, 2005 at 05:14 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast