Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What PS2 RPG's Should I Get?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: What PS2 RPG's Should I Get?

Dragon Quest VIII too, the Japanese version is good so I except the USA/EU version to be good also. (Akira Toriyama (Dragonball and others) did the drawings, this can be either a + or a minus of course.)

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

oooh...GET GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY or SAN ANDREAS. I love vice city.....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku Motoko_san may be famous one day Motoko_san may be famous one day Motoko_san's Avatar
    Thanks

i keep hearing that Grand Theft Auto is a good game but when i look at cover it doesn't seem that good or aleast the kinda game i would get

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Grand Theft Auto is NOT AN RPG. Two people already mentioned that...geez.

Anyways, I can't say I've been into the PS2 RPG's as much I was with the PS one's but the one's I have that are pretty decent:

Xenosaga
    Disgaea
    Arc The Lad: The Twilight of the Spirits

Newbie PrettyYuna may be famous one day PrettyYuna may be famous one day
    Thanks

Xenosaga Episode I

Final Fantasy X

Kingdom Hearts

Star Ocean III: Till the End of Time

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

After seeing some of the last posts, I can honestly say that AO has some of the dumbest forum members I've ever seen...

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga - It was very boring and bland, the system was pretty lame and I found myself falling asleep and being unable to distinguish any difference in the areas.
    I gotta admit that Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga is not a easy game to get into. It's not really for casual players or action starved players because this game will put you to sleep.

But for everyone else, MegaTen is a rewarding experience. It's take on the apocalypse is down-right awesome and it features some unique character and monster designs (One character model has jaws where her breasts should be). Even though this game isn't going to be winning any awards in the visual department, it isn't a sloutch. Benefiting from the Japanese artist Kazuma Kaneko, (who also did the artwork for Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner) Digital Devil Saga has one of the most unique styles around. It's based off of shades of gray, pales, and occasional lighting including the techno-organic look of the characters makes an impressive visual package.

I really like how the battle system rewards you for thinking smart. DDS utilizies a three-person combat system with an press turn system that rewards players for smart tactics. Basically saying, you could gain extra turns for playing smart, ie: using water attacks against a fire monster, using thunder against a wind monster.

It also has a "sphere grid" system quite similar to FFX but not as complex. So it's pretty easy to make certain characters into the healer, tank, attacker, or support unit.
    Too cool for a sig.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone mentioned it already but I'll say it anyway. Xenosaga, kingdom hearts, disgea and the .hack games.

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks
    Maybe you should try your hands at Suikoden 3. It was developed by Konami. I'll describe the game for you.

The game involves the "Grasslands" and the "Zexen knights" war, and the new enemies, the Harmonians, come in and try to destroy the two opposing forces. The "Grasslands" and "Zexen Knights" must team up to destroy the Harmonians powerful force. You play as Hugo, the son of a village chief, Chris, the virtuous Knight of Zexen, and Geddoe, the rebellious unit commander, as their fates bring them together in order to gather the 108 Stars of Destiny.

Suikoden III offers the "Trinity Sight System", which enables you to experience the game's events from the eyes of all three main characters to gain a larger view of the whole story. The ability to recruit and control over 100 characters, various storyline twists and multiple endings make the gameplay experience a lot better.

Suikoden III also features three styles of combat, including Party Battle, Army Battle, and One-on-One duels. The "Battle Pairing System" allows party members to either join forces with one another and attack in unison, or mount fierce beasts to gain power and strength.

here's a link to the game's website
    http://www.konami.com/gs/suikoden3/

Suikoden 4 is pretty good as well but not as good as part 3.
    Last edited by BFmastermind; Jun 19, 2005 at 09:13 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast