Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the story closest to your heart?

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the story closest to your heart?

If you like reading books and are interested in stories, even the very short ones such as fairy tales, then you must have already found a book/story that has touched you deeply. But if you haven’t found such a story that is worthy enough to be called your favourite, then please tell us the one closest to you so far.

Please tell us your favorite story, and it can even come from a movie, and how you came to find it, and anything else you want to express about it that makes it so special to you.

Mine is the Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I’ve first read it six years ago when I was still quite young, but forgot about it as time passed. By then, I was already looking for another book that I can claim as my own “favorite”, and went through a lot of fantasy books, since I love fantasy. But, just a year ago, I saw this book lying around the house. At first I ignored it; it was a children’s book, I told myself, and went on. Afterwards, I read it anyway, and from reading only the first page, I became immediately touched and sentimental, telling myself how I came to forget such a beautiful story. Right then, that was how I rediscovered it, and made it my favorite book.

The Little Prince is considered a children’s book in many aspects, because it has a very short and simple story and is filled with illustrations by the author, but for me, I don’t share the same view of it as the majority do. It is a wonderful book with a strong grasp on what a child’s true heart is: innocent, pure, and most of all, they know what truly matters in life, of what is truly a matter of consequence. Because of such a theme, I strongly recommend the book to adults, who have lost the child within them. Although we need to mature as we grow old, we must never forget how once we were also children and were still not swayed by life’s trivial matters. The fact that it is a simple story makes it all the more profound in its idea, and it’s a book that you can read many times, and still discover something new about it every time.

So, what is the story closest to your heart?

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is the story closest to your heart?

To kill a Mockingbird

I COMPLETELY forgot EXACTLY what it was about (like the characters and what goes on) But I do know that I loved it like krazzy.

oOOOoOoO I need to read it again^^

BTW VERY AWSOME TOPIC MISS ELEONNE.
    Last edited by JustLoseIt; Jan 27, 2006 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Otaku Silenced_Shadow may be famous one day Silenced_Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt
    To kill a Mockingbird

I COMPLETELY forgot EXACTLY what it was about (like the characters and what goes on) But I do know that I loved it like krazzy.

Yes to kill a mocking bird is great!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eleonne
    So, what is the story closest to your heart?
    Nice Topic.

The story that brings everlasting happiness, not matter how many times I hear/read it, is one of my loving Mother's composition. In fact, all of her stories spark joy in my heart! Of all that she wrote, the one that stands out in my mind is a story called Kuruna, The Child Of My Dream. She worked on it for three years, after I was born. Actually, my loving Mother wrote it for me, so that, as soon as matured to comprehend speech and written language, she wanted to share and impart several principles, which will make me a better person.

Yes, it has made what I am, today. In addition, my sisters and I love the mystery book that she wrote as well. It is entitled as: The Piercing Shadow. A Great story.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Love hina touched my heart man, it was a real kool story about this loser that everything that he did was freaking wrong.

Another one is 100 years of solitude, this story is about this dude that is the liuetenant of the army of his town and his fighting to overtrow the government of his country. At the end of the book everyone dies.

Otaku raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424's Avatar
    Thanks

The anime series Rurouni kenshin and the ova's this story has changed me and made me have greater respect to some people that may not deserve it. Honnor and friendship from the story is somthing i really belive in!
    Full Metal Alchemist - Anime news information and lots of fun.
    Anime Gallery - Check out the image gallery for some cool anime pictures.
    Anime Forums - Join my anime forums and help us grow while talking about what you love best anime!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustLoseIt
    To kill a Mockingbird

i read that book in high school and i liked it alot

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks

Canturebury Tales. Really great collection of short stories from medieval England. Things like Beaowolf and others too. It was a while ago so i forgot all the story titles. But thier are definately some great ones in there.

Also the one book that I can read over and over is Harry Potter. Just feels so cool the way she depicts the school life. Makes me wish i could be at Hogwarts.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast