Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what would we do without "choice??"

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks

what would we do without "choice??"

I for one dont know what we would do i mean CHOICE is a pretty big thing and you pretty much give it up in school but what if the government tried to take it away and they did what would happen to the world i mean that and the amendments are the THE PEOPLE have but the government can just as easily take that away.....scary thought eh'?

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    You mean, like, Cuba? I think such governments have its pro's and con's.

Pro's: Cuba has the highest education rate in the entire 21 Latin countries including Spain.
    Cuba provides that education free of charge; even into university level.
    Everyone gets to have a home and food if they work. (they kinda have to)
    And that leads to this point: no unemployment.

Con's: being communists, everyone (including US) bans trade with Cuba. (otherwise it would be a very wealthy country)
    There is a limited amount of freedom
    Having trading banned, there is almost no food, or supplies.
    [I'm sure there's others, but I listed the main points]

"if'ys" -(things that may be good or bad depending on the individual)-
    Even though poor, you live an averagely peacefull life. You don't have to worry about getting mugged at night.
    Theres not a whole lot of tourism. (which destroyes the island) -[trust me, I know]-
    You get to follow a leader who brought your country into independence.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    If choice was taken away, then the world would be perfect. Because then there would be no one to disobey whatever body is ruling the earth. You would create the perfect world.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    If choice was taken away, then the world would be perfect. Because then there would be no one to disobey whatever body is ruling the earth. You would create the perfect world.
    Well it would be "perfect" to those who obeyed, but not everyone would obey, I know I wouldn't and I'm sure there will be many others who wouldn't. That type of thing almost always ultimately leads to war. Look at Hitler, tried to take over the world and what happened? A war. I think it could work in small fractions such as the previous example given about Cuba but not worldwide. Impossible!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    If it really worked in Cuba why are so many Cubans living in Florida? The fact that people are willing to die rather then live there is very telling.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    You would create a perfect world for someone else,

but not you. I love freedom, and I don't wanna sacrifice my own to get everyone outta unemployment. Education's good, but if you're intelligence is bound to a country that controls just about every asspect of your life, screw that, I choose mediocre education with freedoms.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what you're asking here in the topic...if we all had no choices to make, we'd all die...since no one would lead and choose.......
    as for countries taking away our choices....yes it's a scary thing...it happens even to democratic countries during major wars....people are forced to join the army or do things they don't ordinarily want to. And like others have said, many will fight back....and for an educated country, it would be pretty hard for it's government to enforce the restriction of ALL it's peoples choices. I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at.

hrm....youth_anime_fan it seems to me you're painting a very happy picture of cuba there....altho you DID point out some pros AND cons....

Sadly, it really isn't that simple. Communism may sound decent on paper, but it's no where close to utopia in the real world. The simple fact that the country's wealth is NOT distributed evenly is a major downfall. It's NOT true that everyone gets fed, everyone gets a job that they like and everyone sings happy songs on their way to and from work. And this has close to nothing to do with countries not conducting business with them. It has to do with their leaders. People are greedy, greedy means wanting more money or more power.....meaning those leaders or his subordinates will take a little here and a little there...leaving close to NOTHING for it's people....no...communism doesn't work.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    No need to worry, there is no possible way for the government to completely control our lives. If they ever tried they'd only get so far before the people snapped and retaliated. Even though they would have greater weapons then the rebels, and at first the government would have a greater army as well; eventually the soldiers working for the government would end up fighting on the rebels side, after all they to would lose some of their freedoms, and even if they were priveledged those they loved would still be surpressed. Needless to say our shear numbers would allow us to overtake any power trying to surpress us.... from earth anyway.

This is why when robots take on the role as soldiers our freedoms will begin to deminish fairly rapidly in most countries. Since robots can be programmed to have no thought of their own.

As for the comments about such a world being perfect, well there's no possible way that such a way of life wouldn't go unchallenged. I for one wouldn't be able to allow someone else to choose every aspect of my life for me, and would be willing to die to preserve the freedoms others, since if I actually died while fighting then I kinda lose my chance at a life of freedom, haha. But then through death I'd find the freedom that was denied to me in life.
    Plus I believe that having some flaws is part of being perfect, since nothing can ever be flawless.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast