Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What You Consider A 'Classic'

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What You Consider A 'Classic'

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Okay everyone, this is a ANIME DISCUSSION forum. If your going to list a 'Classic' series, your going to have to explain WHY it should be a classic. What is so significant about 'Dragon Ball Z', What makes 'Gundam' and 'Robotech' (and not the original Japanese Macross) good enough to be 'CLASSICS' over all the other anime that is out there. If this thread degenerates into a simple posting of anime series lists, it will be closed as a Spam thread...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say Evangelion is Classic.
    It was made in 1995, and now, 10 years later, it still has a cult following of loyal fans that is still growing.
    The story is one of most complex that I've ever seen, and I still don't quite understand it entirely.
    It's stood the test of time, it is a classic.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 28, 2005 at 10:28 PM.

Newbie Tay_chan91 may be famous one day Tay_chan91 may be famous one day Tay_chan91's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely agree with Miyasashi about Grave of the Fireflies (one of my all time fav movies.)

That and the early Dragon Ball ("Z" included) should be considered a major classic. I was into Dragon Ball before i was even into anime, just imagine some eight year old wild-child watching Frieza get the snot beat beat out of 'em. Now if that doesn't scream classic i don't know what is. heh heh
    I was probably to young to remeber any of the other great classics. TT-TT

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyasashi
    My Neighbour Totoro and The Grave of the Fireflies
    Following with another Miyazaki film, I would have to say Spirited Away is another must see classic. I love that movie dearly. It has life lessons and connections that anyone can draw. Everytime I watch it, I'm left with a feeling of awe. It is just a spectacularly made film.

And...don't let this thread become spam! We can do better than that .^_^.

Newbie GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292 may be famous one day GuardianAngel1292's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: What You Consider A 'Classic'

A classic to me is Cowboy Bebop....that show is tight and instead of the heroic character living at the end he actually dies but in a pretty tight way.I think also that Tenchi Muyo is a classic too...it was funny and had a whole lot of creative characters.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Sailor Moon and DBZ, those are the classics, everyone, even non-anime fans, know or at least have heard of those two.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Those are classics, but we've all heard of 'em because of marketing and such. Many of the people who are really into anime shun DBZ, that's stubborness at its best for ya. I think a lot of anime ar classics, but I'm not going to list them all.

Otaku JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC may be famous one day JOJO AC's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't believe nobody has mention the Berserk series, it's not your typical story and has fully develop characters by the end, plus it has a few demon fights here and there throughout all the anime, but the ending has to be one of the biggest cliffhangers ever, so if you want to know what happens at the end of the anime your just gonna have to start reading the manga.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast