Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What You Consider A 'Classic'

Otaku Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin may be famous one day Lady Karasu I'l Myoshin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What You Consider A 'Classic'

Record of Lodoss War OAV, just due to the sheer beauty of it. The art is amazing. Kenshin, because it's chock full of complex and interesting characters. And swordfights to die for. *drool*

My LiveJournal --- Tierra de los Meurtos

Otaku Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion Neon Genesis Evangelion because everyone who knows about it says its great, it's been called the greatest anime ever, and it gonna come back to TV. Another would definatly be Lupin the III just because its so old and still has great quality. Last but not least all the Gundam series since it began in the 60's or something and its still going on to this very day!

Otaku Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689's Avatar
    Thanks

know what i cant believe, is that no one has mentioned Ronin Warriors. now theirs a classic, cant believe they canceled it though.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a classic really for every genre of anime.
    For instances, if someone asked me for a classic Shoujo series, I'd say X.
    Classic Sci Fi: Ghost in the Shell: SAC
    Classic Mecha: Orginal Gundam Series. Classic Shounen-ai: Gravitation.
    Classic Action: Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist. Classic Mahou Shoujo: Sailormoon, Card Captor Sakura.

It goes on and on really.

But just singling out one for the purpose of dicussion. Ghost in the Shell, both the orginal movie, Innocence, and now the Stand Alone series, are classic anime in my opinion.
    The originality of the story at the time, (the original movie often being said to have influenced the Matrix) the quality of the animation and the story.
    It's classic anime, that everyone will probably enjoy. I love GITS and I'm girl.
    Any good anime I believe should be able to cross all boundaries.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006's Avatar
    Thanks

Grave of The Fireflies with zeal!!! That movie is so amazing in every which way. I'm so glad they didn't try dubing that movie; it's so great as it is in japanese! I cried...twice!! *sob!!!*
    "Who's in the forest strolling? The birds and the bees sing Momeji. The frogs in the pond are calling. Momeji yes it's true..."

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

deep sub 6,outlaw star

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    There's a classic really for every genre of anime.
    For instances, if someone asked me for a classic Shoujo series, I'd say X.
    Classic Sci Fi: Ghost in the Shell: SAC
    Classic Mecha: Orginal Gundam Series. Classic Shounen-ai: Gravitation.
    Classic Action: Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist. Classic Mahou Shoujo: Sailormoon, Card Captor Sakura.

It goes on and on really.

But just singling out one for the purpose of dicussion. Ghost in the Shell, both the orginal movie, Innocence, and now the Stand Alone series, are classic anime in my opinion.
    The originality of the story at the time, (the original movie often being said to have influenced the Matrix) the quality of the animation and the story.
    It's classic anime, that everyone will probably enjoy. I love GITS and I'm girl.
    Any good anime I believe should be able to cross all boundaries.
    I'm glad you posted this. Not only did you do what I asked as the others did, listing what they thought was a classic anime, but you singled them out into groups/genres.

Therefore, I'm taking this moment to add my two cents about Card Captor Sakura. I agree with you about it being classic action, but it can stand as a classic all on its own. The story is fully developed and so are its characters.

Now I have a better idea of anime classics...now where to get the money for the shopping needed...?

Otaku Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689 may be famous one day Matrix040689's Avatar
    Thanks

but spririted away is definatly a classic

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast