Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: What You Consider A 'Classic'

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What You Consider A 'Classic'

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix040689
    but spririted away is definatly a classic
    Spirited Away is my favorite movie! I agree that it is a classic that everyone should see. The plot is mind blowing and let's face it, Hayao Miyazaki is a genius. You fall in love with the characters and there are lessons within the movie that everyone can relate to.

I'm glad you agree with me. I almost forgot I had mentioned this movie .^_^. My mind is going.

Any Miyazaki movie is worth seeing. Princess Mononoke is a perfect example. Again the plot is nothing short of original and captivating.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Okay, I need to quote myself here...
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Okay everyone, this is a ANIME DISCUSSION forum. If your going to list a 'Classic' series, your going to have to explain WHY it should be a classic. What is so significant about 'Dragon Ball Z', What makes 'Gundam' and 'Robotech' (and not the original Japanese Macross) good enough to be 'CLASSICS' over all the other anime that is out there. If this thread degenerates into a simple posting of anime series lists, it will be closed as a Spam thread...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Wasn't the Mach 5 an anime??? But definately Sailor Moon. And I reallly don't want to get on Len Miyata's bad side, so here's why I think Sailor Moon should be a classic:
    it had very good action. One of the first that caught a lot of girls attention, I loved the uniforms, excellent romance, and it went on for so long. If this isn't the most classic, its definately the most rememerable.
    Last edited by Kiri79; Aug 03, 2005 at 11:45 PM.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

I think that Ronin Warriors was a classic, and I forgot all about it until now. Great plot, and memorable characters. And Spirited Away has to be one of the best ever made, whatwith the amazing plot, graphics, and characters. *Thinks about heading to Blockbuster to rent it for the 50th time*

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel anything hand-drawn is a classic. As well as things produced a decade ago and older.

Dai
    Otaku Dai may be famous one day Dai may be famous one day Dai's Avatar
    Thanks

All animes are classic's pretty much when they start

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks

I would consider Robotech classic for here in North America. It introduced a lot of people to Anime.

Robotech/Macross, Sailor Moon (though it led today's anime market into a more of a childs sector in my opinion), and Astro boy.

I would note that classic movies would be Akira and Ninja Scroll because just about everyone has seen them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5