Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Favorite Dubs?

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've gotten to where I prefer subs over dubs, but my opinion on quality generally goes with the company. ADV does some decent dubbing, though they need to hire more actors (Spike Spencer does ALL the whiney hero-boys). Pioneer flubbed up Akira with the Viz Communications style ("Whoa, DUDE!") of Akira, which got corrected satisfactorily. And, yeah, Bebop is pretty good, but I like Hayashibara's Faye. "Blue Gender" and "BGC: Tokyo 2040" are pretty good, too. Funimation does decent dubs (translations vary), but the mis-cast actor is a given in each series (i.e. Texan-voiced Yakuza...).

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Ooh... Zing!

Anyways... I'd have to say that the Bebop dubs were really good, so were the Kare Kano dubs. I usually watch it subbed, though. Just a personal preference. Oh, and kastelio4444... whining gets you nowhere. Believe me, I know.
    I wasnt whining, I was just pissed by the smart ass nature of the comment. So you don't like dubs, just say it with a little class. I don't go around and say subs are crap and there not worth all that praise they get.
    I just asked, "what was your fav dub", if you dont have one dont respond.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    I wasnt whining, I was just pissed by the smart ass nature of the comment. So you don't like dubs, just say it with a little class. I don't go around and say subs are crap and there not worth all that praise they get.
    This reminds me why we need new members ASAP. Otherwise we'll all be at each other's throats all the time.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    I've given up on that one a long time ago
    Thanks for reminding me, that desire tends to surface every once in a while...
    *Hugs hassun*

Newbie Blaz may be famous one day Blaz may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Noir. I thought the Dub was so good that I actually prefered it to the Sub. I guess it comes down to the various nationality accents used throughout the show. Since I speak english natively, it's easier for me to discern a french accent on english than on Japanese.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    No class here, and the reason why I posted is that I was going to write cowboy bebop first, but then I compared it to the original...
    So there I was, erasing my text and getting angrier and angrier at all those people who ruined perfectly good anime with their 5th rate voice acting.
    -->emotions welled up inside me and what came out of it's hairy pimpled behind was my post.
    I know I was wrong,
    I'm forgive me?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    No class here, and the reason why I posted is that I was going to write cowboy bebop first, but then I compared it to the original...
    So there I was, erasing my text and getting angrier and angrier at all those people who ruined perfectly good anime with their 5th rate voice acting.
    -->emotions welled up inside me and what came out of it's hairy pimpled behind was my post.
    I know I was wrong,
    I'm forgive me?
    Heck its forgotten, water under the bridge. Im just a avid dub suporter.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KenX
    ....No i did not.

Each second while watching Inuyasha Is agonizing pain. Like someone stomping on your balls, throwing acid in your eyes.
    Well, whatever dude. Im not going to name animes I dont like and be-little them to make myself feel better. Im too mature for that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast