Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: what's the next step for mankinds evolution

Newbie Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh's Avatar
    Thanks
    we'll have tod ecide for ourselves, as we now have the technology (eugenics, genetic engineering, etc) to decide how our species should evolve.

or we could evolve into cyborgs, but then if that happens then we will probably have to ask what evolution is in the first place.
    There is no spoon, Neo.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    evoultion has to do with genetic changes that can effect how the body looks or functions internally and externally. Becoming cyborgs and using surgerys isn't really evoultion, and besides, evoultion is suppose to take thousands and thousands of years. We're in the A. D. period that which has only seen 2,005 years. Not alot of time to see any drastic changes in human evoultion. I think that's what we're forgetting here. Evoultion effects an entire population, not just a few individuals, and it takes a long long time for these changes to occur. I don't think anything will truly happen to make humans evolve and until we expand into space. Seeing that separation can cause evoultion, right?

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the fact that we'll live longer is. The age average will go up and continue to go up over the years. I wish I could say something like athletically we'll become better, but I just dont see that happening for a long while.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Although honestly im not so sure about how we will evolve...i think that we will become taller and TALLER AND TALLER!! =P...until all da lido shorties go away and then we will all be atleast 5'4" XD....sure would resolve some height issues when it comes to relationships XD =P

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    5'4? lol that's not exactly large either.

Otaku Wrath may be famous one day Wrath may be famous one day Wrath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mayby we wont evolve at all, mayby well all die out before that happens..You never know
    -Maximum dimensions for signatures is 110(height)x450(width), maximum file size is 150kb. ONE IMAGE ONLY!

Thanks
    Perhaps, but doubtful. when you think about it, humans have been evolving for millieums. I mean, how else did we get black people, and asians, and indians and europeans to look so different? That's evidence to human evoultion right there if you ask me. We've already done a great deal of evolving.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo45
    Although honestly im not so sure about how we will evolve...i think that we will become taller and TALLER AND TALLER!! =P...until all da lido shorties go away and then we will all be atleast 5'4" XD....sure would resolve some height issues when it comes to relationships XD =P
    First of all, I resent that. I'm about 5'3", and while being a little taller would strike my fancy, I don't like being called a "lido shortie", as you so eloquently put it. e_e

Secondly, because of the way genes work, there is always a chance a short person will be born. I completely forget the name of the system, though, but even if you're tall, you may have a short gene lying dormant within you. It's the same way as how two people carrying the Down's Syndrome gene, but don't have the disease, can have a child with Down's Syndrome.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast