Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: whats up with the yankees losing?

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well the Yanks are getting old. Steinbrenner keeps buying older players who have just come out of break out years who dont pan out. The two that actually have A-Rod and Sheff are doing all they can, but every pitcher they sign lately seems to suddenly lose his winning ways (Mussina, Brown, Wright, Weaver to name a few) and they keep trading away all their minor league stars in midseason trades so they dont have very many star caliber players coming up. Basically they've dug themselves a pretty deep whole and its gonna take them a little while to get out of it. Kind of like it did in the early 90's when they sucked for about a 5 year span.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    except for mussina and the big unit none of the other players can cause fear

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    the yankees should start saying good bye from the big leagues!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ketaro; Jun 03, 2005 at 07:45 PM.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well Mussina's numbers have fallen off significantly since his days in Baltimore. I wouldn't consider him an Ace anymore, but more or less a number 2 starter. I still hold Johnson in high regard as being a really good pitcher but even he's struggled to a 5-4 record and for him a high ERA of 3.92. I knwo the American League is tougher on pitchers than the National, but still those are un-Johnson like numbers.

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    heres a question. Does anyone here even like the yankees? i can say now (knowing i am not alone) that i hate the yankees, arrogant pomous idiots who know nothing of baseball, they only think of homeruns and they dont play the game the way it should be.
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Thanks
    Its not that I dont like the Yankees per say, I actually have nothing against them except those couple World Series beating against the Braves, its more like I dont like the way they handle business because its almost like cheating. If say the Dodgers bought a trip to the World Series every year I wouldnt care what the Yanks did and I'd be against the Dodgers. So its not the team in particular but rather the people running it. So basically what I'm saying is Steinbrenner is ridiculous and I'm glad to see him struggling for once. I want to see how he handles being 5 or 6 games out with only a couple days left in the season. How much you wanna bet he buys half the league's top ten Free Agents next offseason.

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks
    It's going to be tough for him to do something like that next season since they're attached to so many contracts, many of them for a substantial amount of years. They'd have to buy out a whole handful of their older players to make such a thing happen, which would mean spending more and probably reaching the luxury tax. Those are two things I doubt Steinbrenner wants to deal with although I know he doesn't fear spending, there's still only so much that you can spend, especially with the luxury tax.

As for their record, I'm sure they'll improve as their pitching works to get it together. Whether they can reach the playoffs....who knows cause I don't know if their pitching is good enough to let them do that and offense can only get you so far.

Thanks
    Exactly, and we all know if George even gets kind of scared he'll force Cashman to nab a couple guys before the trade deadline, he's notorious for that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast