Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: whats wrong with kids today?

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: whats wrong with kids today?

Every single generation of kids had the same question posed about them... from the earliest days of man... And this will continue to be so until the end of mankind... Because kids are growing up in a different time, a different lifestyle, and different viewpoint than their parents and grandparents. My parents had the same question to deal with: Because they listened to that "damn rock n' roll music" and other things. LoL

Please don't listen to anything that is negatively said about kids today. You know who you are - and don't talk yourself into believing anything is wrong with you!

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: whats wrong with kids today?

Quote Originally Posted by solking
    It has to be TV and the fact that parents don't discipline their children anymore. No discipline means no restrictions and TV pushes the kids of today to do bad things. Like a few months ago a ten year old try to rob me with a knife. Of course I laughed and took the knife and sent him home. But children shouldn't be doing that.
    I agree. I think that parents should listen more to their kids. If there is more attention there is more discipline.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking
    It has to be TV and the fact that parents don't discipline their children anymore. No discipline means no restrictions and TV pushes the kids of today to do bad things.
    I agree with Solking. Kids now a days have more to do INDOORS than out. I may have a computer than I use often, but I find time to get out and do other things than hit the net, talk online, and believe it or not, be on AO. There I said it... Kids now need discipline, and more morals. They need to respect thier elders, and others in general.

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Thay need to freakin' exercise that teaches discipline
    on many levels it also teaches restraint

Otaku Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhawk
    No discipline, yes that's very true, although I can say my parents are Lax, they have their ways of disciplining me(not physically). Video games definately help to make things worse, GTA for sure. I myself constantly play games, but nothing of that sort, im a RPG kinda person myself, so you can imagine I don't cause trouble(I'm an artist too, so no reason for that). Lack of understanding and kids growing up in bad areas affects the way they act. The question isn't really "What is wrong with kids today"

I would say it's more like "why aren't we raising our kids right?"(only assuming the question is targeted at those punks that the original question referred to.
    EXACTLY! I've come to learn in my childhood that my behavior didn't necesarily matter as to the way I was treated. I grew up with the belief that if I did something bad, it was only bad if I was caught. My parents never really cared all that much about me, they had their own more important lives to attend to. As for me though, I'm more of a well-rounded person because I had a wonderful foster mom. She kicked my ass when it was out of line, and she praised me when I deserved it. Had I not had her in my life, I prolly would have wound up doing something stupid and becoming like one of those "stereotypical kids" we all are hearing about from the old people.

"You can get hurt by loving someone, or you can stay alone by not ever loving someone. Which do you choose? Love always has its risks, but you should never fear them, for they are love's true test."

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is a little bit of bad influences from stuff like television, video games, and etc. Also, I think adults are sometimes preeching kids about this stuff, which could end up them stressing the kids to become what adults think they could become.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Fashion
    I think it is a little bit of bad influences from stuff like television, video games, and etc. Also, I think adults are sometimes preeching kids about this stuff, which could end up them stressing the kids to become what adults think they could become.
    Well said ....Its mainly about bad influences....Some of them intentional others not...Kids as young a 10 I see downtown in my area are doing and selling drugs...So one day I asked why they did that and they said their borther does it and It looks cool ....Thats the problem....This generation of people is making society going down a hell hole

I'm ♥mazing!

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds to me in the US kids are really lazy and play video games all day, well here in Japan
    fathers and mothers have lots of dicipline. well Im going to lasvegas tommorow, but I still have my parents. wake up, eat breakfest, study, relax,go on the computer,study,play video,
    game's, go with friends,go on the computer,eat, sleep. that's my life oh yeah and go to school.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast