Thread: What's your feeling on Yaoi/Shoujo?

Newbie Inkaholic may be famous one day Inkaholic may be famous one day Inkaholic's Avatar
    Thanks

What's your feeling on Yaoi/Shoujo?

Yes, I am a guy and yes, I like shoujo anime. I will not apologize for my tastes, especially because it gives me a peek into the female mind (though it does make all the girls I meet immeadietly assume I'm gay; slight downside).

I do not like yaoi, but shounen-ai can be hella cute if done correctly. For instance, I liked Gravitation, but I had to fast forward the hardcore parts ^_^. Why do I like shoujo and shounen-ai? I guess I'm just weird, but something about it...just attracts me.

What are all your thoughts?

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: What's your feeling on Yaoi/Shoujo?

hmm....i guess some ppl just like to try different things...i guess u could say it's normal...i tried watching shoujo.....uhh but for me, i got kinda bored.....i'm more of a shonen comedy style...like naruto...but u can kinda say it's probably 'cause i don't get how women think is the reason i don't enjoy shoujo....

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's your feeling on Yaoi/Shoujo?

I love both. Yaoi, Shounen-ai and Shoujo. But I'm a girl, so that's only really natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkaholic
    I do not like yaoi, but shounen-ai can be hella cute if done correctly. For instance, I liked Gravitation, but I had to fast forward the hardcore parts ^_^. Why do I like shoujo and shounen-ai? I guess I'm just weird, but something about it...just attracts me.
    I'd stear clear of the Gravitation manga. The anime is pale in comparsion if you know what I mean. ^^ But the manga is better, since it's much much longer.
    You're not weird through, I know plenty guys who are perfectly straight and enjoy watching Gravi... since the series is so enjoyable in it's own right.

I just think the stories and characters in Shoujo anime are just so much more interesting.
    And anyway, nowadays, Shoujo just isn't for girls, and Shounen anime isn't just for boys anymore.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku Silenced_Shadow may be famous one day Silenced_Shadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: What's your feeling on Yaoi/Shoujo?

Quote Originally Posted by Tano-kun
    hmm....i guess some ppl just like to try different things...i guess u could say it's normal...i tried watching shoujo.....uhh but for me, i got kinda bored.....i'm more of a shonen comedy style...like naruto...but u can kinda say it's probably 'cause i don't get how women think is the reason i don't enjoy shoujo....
    Well I agree with but as the same as you I love naruto and I love Shonen Jump but I get what you (as in Inkaholic) are trying to say as long as you dont look at nude men anime but for the rest of that I think who ever think you are gay are just trying to be putting you down people can be evil! But dont worry bud!

Hey I like Azu Manga Daioh thats the most well known girly anime .

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    I just think the stories and characters in Shoujo anime are just so much more interesting.
    And anyway, nowadays, Shoujo just isn't for girls, and Shounen anime isn't just for boys anymore.
    In shoujo generaly character are much more "deeper" than in shounen. But ok, I'm boy and I supposed to watch
    shounen...and yes I watch it. But I still I love reading Shoujo mangas and watching shoujo and shoujo-ai stories.
    But one thing I can't stand is Shounen-ai and yaoi. I have nothing about yuri-stories thou.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I love yaoi and and shounen-ai. The way two characters can connect and fall in love is just wonderful. It's just a plus that the characters are both male.

I believe if your a male and you watch it, you're just curious about the lifestyle.
    Seduced by Flesh