Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: whats your view on punishent fo kids?

Newbie teebow may be famous one day teebow may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question whats your view on punishent fo kids?

what is the right punishment for children at any age as long as they live under the house of a parent or guardian?

do you believe in a harsh punishment like smacking?
    or something like being grounded - time outs?
    or should there be a compramise?
    in saying the first question ... do you believe it right for parents to smack children as a punishment?

this has been getting to me for ages because i see that parents/guardians can get seperated from their children for harsh punishments and i want to know if the parents are out of line or if our society is letting children get away with more??
    Destination is a State of Mind

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: whats your view on punishent fo kids?

Do I belie- what?! Do I believe in harsh punishment LIKE SMACKING?!

>_O SMACKING IS HARSH??!!!!!
    Dude, I got WHIPPED!
    I got beat by all sorts of objects! Smacking ain't as harsh to some people!

O_< I got beat EVERYDAY.... no, not by my parents. ...my parents (actually, just my mom) were every week. XD XD XD ........ (I think it's funny now)

^.^ That's just cuz I was a total @$$.... >_> My brother beat me everyday. He kept trying to say it was to teach me a lesson, but most times, he just did it because he was in a bad mood. =_= The only lesson I learned from that was "Don't talk to him in a bad mood."...

.... >_> Grounded?! Time-out?! I got time-outs at school! To have it at home is just plain stupid!! .... -_- oh noooo, I'm gonna' stare at the corner for about 5 hours~~~ ahhhhhhh.... >_O It ain't that bad if you just fall asleep!

Grounded?! Dude! I loved being in my room! My room was awesome!

It was niiiiiiiiiiice... ^~^ So comfy, so fun, etc etc. I wouldn't mind being grounded... especially because I NEVER REALLY WENT ANYWHERE!

<_< Even nowadays, I wouldn't mind getting grounded... what am I gonna' do? Go to a concert? Watch a movie? Hang out?
    Hang out in my room! That's where it's best! <_< All other places are cool, but my room is a hang out place. ... >_> What? Am I supposed to go to a restaurant to eat?! Spend all my life making a glutton out of myself as I waste money that could've been spent on something that could've changed someone's life?!

^_^

... I do believe in punishment... if the child has been influenced far too strong by something or someone else.

I don't really agree with punishment... ._. When you get punished for no reason at all, you tend to dislike it....

... >_> And I wouldn't really resort to it...

=_= But a rude child needs to learn some manners...

^u^ Compared to me, physical punishment is little.
    Hope that our children get punished by AD, not me. XD

.... ^___^ I mess with them.... mentally...........

Physical punishment is just when I don't want to make them suffer. Sure, physical and emotional scars, but mental and emotional scars are worse.

........ locking them up in a box with no way out...........
    ................. ^.^ Actually, that would be a WEAK punishment.

You know what's one punishment I've always wanted to test? The Chinese Water Trap. Drip. Drip. Drip. Aggrivating you, never letting you sleep. Never letting you think other than... drip. Drip. Drip. Driving you insane with anger and stress and whatever......

drip. ^__________^

... <_< so.... all you parents out there, pray that my children won't step out of bounds so much that I'D have to punish them.

^_^ But... I have seen parenting that had no punishments... successful ones.

Ones where a child is obedient, and wants to be obedient... or rather, finds no use in doing "those bad things".... the parents just teaches the child, how and WHY... and the child decides for himself.
    ^_^ ...

>_> Y'know, if my dad was home more, and my mom wasn't so easily angered, I would've had that type of raising.
    ... ^_^ But that's the type of raising I want.

Many people think I won't be able to do it...
    ... but I'm a lot more compassionate to children than people have ever seen.
    ... I don't like showing it in front of people, it's sorta' embarrassing for a guy to do it....

.... >_O Don't think anything wrong. I don't try to make 'em do anything dirty.

=_= You're all sick. Sick. People.

...... ^_^ I have standards... don't be too rude. You can be rude to me, but you better have a #$%^ good reason to be. Also, be respectful to others... you don't have to be so respectful to me, but that's cuz I treat kids as friends, not as kids.

... >_> I'll stop blabbing now.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

there should be a compromise between the parents and the kid..... '>_<'
    u know like a reward or something so de kid feels encouraged to do tings to get something....
    but if the kid did something really stupid there should be a punishment, but not like beating the kid!!!!..... ~_~

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

There should be rewards for kids that behave, this encourages them to be good, like jaam0927 said. But sometimes there comes a deed that deserves a punishment, but does that have to be physical, no. Some kids take the physical beatings and take that on into later years, they learn that this is what is normal, and then you've got history repeating itself.

I don't believe in hitting, period, there are always words, you just have to find the right ones. My mother refused to hit me, and she told me this, now, some would say that I would possibly take advantage of this, but didn't. I saw that she respected me enough to not have to hit me, and I respected her enough that I didn't do anyth... much wrong. Granted, then again, I know that not all kids are as understanding as I was, but does that make it ok to hit, no.

I don't think hitting is an ok solution, I think its wrong in all ways. But then again, I have yet to have my own, so...
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Put the fear into a child. There's nothing wrong with a whoopin'. Harsh nothin'. Wait till you get an inch thick slab of cowhide rappin' on your ass and you won't think that smack is quite as harsh as you used to.

EDIT: Soshi Kitai's got the right mindset. To a degree, at least.
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Dec 07, 2005 at 12:08 PM.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Newbie lixian may be famous one day lixian may be famous one day lixian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    Do I belie- what?! Do I believe in harsh punishment LIKE SMACKING?!

>_O SMACKING IS HARSH??!!!!!
    Dude, I got WHIPPED!
    I got beat by all sorts of objects! Smacking ain't as harsh to some people!

O_< I got beat EVERYDAY.... no, not by my parents. ...my parents (actually, just my mom) were every week. XD XD XD ........ (I think it's funny now)

^.^ That's just cuz I was a total @$$.... >_> My brother beat me everyday. He kept trying to say it was to teach me a lesson, but most times, he just did it because he was in a bad mood. =_= The only lesson I learned from that was "Don't talk to him in a bad mood."...

.... >_> Grounded?! Time-out?! I got time-outs at school! To have it at home is just plain stupid!! .... -_- oh noooo, I'm gonna' stare at the corner for about 5 hours~~~ ahhhhhhh.... >_O It ain't that bad if you just fall asleep!

Grounded?! Dude! I loved being in my room! My room was awesome!

It was niiiiiiiiiiice... ^~^ So comfy, so fun, etc etc. I wouldn't mind being grounded... especially because I NEVER REALLY WENT ANYWHERE!

<_< Even nowadays, I wouldn't mind getting grounded... what am I gonna' do? Go to a concert? Watch a movie? Hang out?
    Hang out in my room! That's where it's best! <_< All other places are cool, but my room is a hang out place. ... >_> What? Am I supposed to go to a restaurant to eat?! Spend all my life making a glutton out of myself as I waste money that could've been spent on something that could've changed someone's life?!

^_^

... I do believe in punishment... if the child has been influenced far too strong by something or someone else.

I don't really agree with punishment... ._. When you get punished for no reason at all, you tend to dislike it....

... >_> And I wouldn't really resort to it...

=_= But a rude child needs to learn some manners...

^u^ Compared to me, physical punishment is little.
    Hope that our children get punished by AD, not me. XD

.... ^___^ I mess with them.... mentally...........

Physical punishment is just when I don't want to make them suffer. Sure, physical and emotional scars, but mental and emotional scars are worse.

........ locking them up in a box with no way out...........
    ................. ^.^ Actually, that would be a WEAK punishment.

You know what's one punishment I've always wanted to test? The Chinese Water Trap. Drip. Drip. Drip. Aggrivating you, never letting you sleep. Never letting you think other than... drip. Drip. Drip. Driving you insane with anger and stress and whatever......

drip. ^__________^

... <_< so.... all you parents out there, pray that my children won't step out of bounds so much that I'D have to punish them.

^_^ But... I have seen parenting that had no punishments... successful ones.

Ones where a child is obedient, and wants to be obedient... or rather, finds no use in doing "those bad things".... the parents just teaches the child, how and WHY... and the child decides for himself.
    ^_^ ...

>_> Y'know, if my dad was home more, and my mom wasn't so easily angered, I would've had that type of raising.
    ... ^_^ But that's the type of raising I want.

Many people think I won't be able to do it...
    ... but I'm a lot more compassionate to children than people have ever seen.
    ... I don't like showing it in front of people, it's sorta' embarrassing for a guy to do it....

.... >_O Don't think anything wrong. I don't try to make 'em do anything dirty.

=_= You're all sick. Sick. People.

...... ^_^ I have standards... don't be too rude. You can be rude to me, but you better have a #$%^ good reason to be. Also, be respectful to others... you don't have to be so respectful to me, but that's cuz I treat kids as friends, not as kids.

... >_> I'll stop blabbing now.
    I agree with you for once.

I got beat very often because I was very disobedient... and I'm glad my parents did, because when I see some of these modern children...... MOM! DAD! Thank you! Thank you for beating me when I misbehaved! Forgive me for cursing you after you beat me! I was too young and too stupid to understand! Thank you for not letting me become like them!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe being grounded off their favorite thing (TV, videogames, computer, etc.) would be a fair punishment. it'd teach them not to do it again or theyre'll be a lotta suffering
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

In the early to mid nineties, a movement started where many people just entering parenthood said that hitting and spanking children was wrong, and that they wouldn't do it.

Since then, I have noticed, at least in my community, a rising number of kids who are horridly spoiled, have no sense of respect, act out, and are plain trouble.

When I was a kid, I was completely out of control, I behaved so poorly, I had to bring a notebook to class everyday for my teacher to list all the bad things I did each day. And every day my parents would read it and gawk at me.

They gave up on grounding and began spanking me. Sure I told them I hated them and they were horrible parents at the time....but you know what? I sure as hell learned to be a good little boy quickly after this.

When I have ....or rather, when my future wife has children, I will be firm with them, however I will also be caring. I will be the type so, when I hear Johnny pushed Suzy in the mud, or he got in a fight, the second I walk in Johnny's room, he'll know by the look on my face alone that he ****ed up big time. If my child is very bad, they will have a red ass for the rest of the day.

However, I will also be compassionate, I will help with homework, and if they trip and scrape their knee, I'll baby them, at least until mommy comes home.

If you ask me, the ideal parent is looked up to by their children and respected. And the ideal parent is loved most of the time, however the ideal parent should also be feared when the child misbehaves, such that if Johnny acts up, and his mother catches him and intends on telling the father, Johnny should be waiting for his father to come home from work in fear, as if death himself were coming.

I remember hiding under the kitchen table many a time when I heard my father walking up the steps, I had been bad, and I knew he knew. And I knew what was instore for me.

That, is the perfect parent.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast