Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: whats your view on punishent fo kids?

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: whats your view on punishent fo kids?

I was Whipped as a child as well......My parents are divorced. (they divorced when I was 2) And when My mom got married to my step father(now). (when I was like 3 er sumthin) And they would whip us with rods and were non too bright.
    My real Father HATED it and didn't like it at all....So he didn't do it to us...
    And NOW my mom and step father have 4 lil kids of their own together (they are 6;4;3;and 18 months old) When they disobey they get spanked REALLY hard. I mean I know its spanking ...but Step Father takes it to such a degreee that my lil bros are screaming Bloody F******* murder. Anyway, they actually didn't have it as bad as us (Because my real Father and my step bros Real mother had something to say about it years ago) But It made me hate hitting and spanking and all that damn Jazz.

So all in all.....I hate spanking and whipping and all that....It's called control your damn anger or fustration and then talk to your child OR punish them like grounding or corner....or whatever for the certain age they are at.

Others may have a different view....and whether it is ok or not....I don't know.....But I say Hell no and thats what I'll keep saying.....

Frr_Vegeta...I agree with you....altho I think its the Fathers place to do the punishing....I don't want to at all...But I don't think he should over doo it AT ALL.....and that yea if its a spoiled lil child (like you were...lol....jk) then Spank him...But ONLY as a warning...not everytime he messes up.....and not for 5 minutes straight.
    Last edited by JustLoseIt; Dec 07, 2005 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

In the early to mid nineties, a movement started where many people just entering parenthood said that hitting and spanking children was wrong, and that they wouldn't do it.

Since then, I have noticed, at least in my community, a rising number of kids who are horridly spoiled, have no sense of respect, act out, and are plain trouble.

When I was a kid, I was completely out of control, I behaved so poorly, I had to bring a notebook to class everyday for my teacher to list all the bad things I did each day. And every day my parents would read it and gawk at me.

They gave up on grounding and began spanking me. Sure I told them I hated them and they were horrible parents at the time....but you know what? I sure as hell learned to be a good little boy quickly after this.

When I have ....or rather, when my future wife has children, I will be firm with them, however I will also be caring. I will be the type so, when I hear Johnny pushed Suzy in the mud, or he got in a fight, the second I walk in Johnny's room, he'll know by the look on my face alone that he ****ed up big time. If my child is very bad, they will have a red ass for the rest of the day.

However, I will also be compassionate, I will help with homework, and if they trip and scrape their knee, I'll baby them, at least until mommy comes home.

If you ask me, the ideal parent is looked up to by their children and respected. And the ideal parent is loved most of the time, however the ideal parent should also be feared when the child misbehaves, such that if Johnny acts up, and his mother catches him and intends on telling the father, Johnny should be waiting for his father to come home from work in fear, as if death himself were coming.

I remember hiding under the kitchen table many a time when I heard my father walking up the steps, I had been bad, and I knew he knew. And I knew what was instore for me.

That, is the perfect parent.

Vegeta, you just took the words right out of my f*cking mouth. We were the last generation of bludgeoned children. And we're proud of it. Today the streets are infested with spoiled little shit-heads. I saw a 10 year old with a cell-phone out around 10 O' clock for God's sake! Had that been one of us old-timers, we would've had our asses mauled.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

I was physically punished (spanking/whipping/belts) as a kid until I was around 10 or 11. Veg's got it right, I feared my father like I would Darth Vader. He stopped spanking and the like around 1996 or '97, and it's evident that my younger sister is spoiled because of it.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

I got beatings with belts, wires, Hot-Wheel tracks....the works. Probably up until I was like 11 which was about '93.

Otaku ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse's Avatar
    Thanks

I got whipped by my mom only until I was maybe 7, or 8. That'd be around 1995-96. I usually learned my lesson, & never did the same thing twice, 'cause my big sis would usually take the blame, and I'd feel so guilty, I start crying. Then Mom'd be like, "What are you crying for?" and she'd go after me. My dad put a stop to it, finally told her to stop hitting us girls, it would hurt her in the end. And she's never hit us again. To this day, even tho I remember all of that, I'm VERY close to my mom. Surprising, I know. And my sis is my bestest best friend in the whole wide world(even tho she used to beat me up when she went thru puberty)...
    Treat me like an angel, and I'll be your little devil.

Otaku Dasike may be famous one day Dasike may be famous one day Dasike's Avatar
    Thanks

i think taking something they care about works i used to get spanked or smacked as i know it until i took a swing back at my dad never hit us after
    I got no idea what to say

Newbie Lord Kakashi may be famous one day Lord Kakashi may be famous one day Lord Kakashi's Avatar
    Thanks

lol BOOM!!!!!!

anyway my parents just decide to take and swing at me and they don't stop

^click the signature to join a new growing anime forums

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

There are some kids that don't learn with words, so some parents are force to hit them with a belt or something to make sure that they undersatnd what will happen to them if they don't listen. In some cases parents might go to far away with those kind of punishments, i think it is better to use words than hitting a kid because they might develop some sort of fear in the future.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast