Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: whats your view on punishent fo kids?

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: whats your view on punishent fo kids?

Wow, rehashing this again huh? I've weighed in on this issue here a few times so to sum it up; discipline is good for a child, each child is different and requires different measures to learn the differance between right and wrong.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

isn't it sad that slapping someone is considered "harsh" these days?

it's not like the old days when kids were taken out to the shed and beaten with sticks and switches... but anyways, no it's not harsh, it should be expected children need to be taugh respect for everyone, and need to realize that there's a consequence if they don't...

no, i don't believe in taking them out to the shed, but if a child doesn't listen, makes no effort to change, or simply refuses to be a decent person... i'm afraid that my hand is going to be upside their head...

maybe i'm too "harsh" but bratty kids who have no respect for fellow human beings really piss me off...

::SK says::

O_O ........ this is why she is my Death's Hand

Otaku frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury may be famous one day frozen_mercury's Avatar
    Kansas (no, I do not know what happened to Dorothy and Toto)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    Put the fear into a child. There's nothing wrong with a whoopin'. Harsh nothin'. Wait till you get an inch thick slab of cowhide rappin' on your ass and you won't think that smack is quite as harsh as you used to.
    Hell Yeah!

Verbal punishment can create psycological problems (if there is too much, or insults are used. occasional yelling isn't bad)

without physical punishment, the child will grow up to be an ass.

By hitting their ass (realize that this isn't full force. just done enough to sting) when they do something you don't like (up to a certain age, where embarassment can be used to more effect), you prevent them from being what you hit.
    En la tierra de los ciegos, el torto es rey.

In the end, Darwin is right. The strongest do survive.
    Hail Malthus!

Newbie lixian may be famous one day lixian may be famous one day lixian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    if a child doesn't listen, makes no effort to change, or simply refuses to be a decent person... i'm afraid that my hand is going to be upside their head...
    Same for me. That's why I avoid staying with little kids. Because if I ever hit one of my little cousins, my parents

Verbal punishment doesn't really give psycological problems. I think it depends on the words the parents use. If someone keeps telling his child that he is a good for nothing person, then the child is likely to have low self esteem later.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Parents usually turn out to be totally incompetent of raising children. For this reason, it would make sense to allow a teacher to beat them, while the parents should be disallowed to do that.

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

beating children is wrong.............lol

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Newbie ChaosTate may be famous one day ChaosTate may be famous one day ChaosTate's Avatar
    Thanks

i would say its oke but there is a line for how tought the parent get towards the child .. ( I was beat up ones for braking my dad's comp <.< long time ago tho.. and the only time too ) punish oke.. beat no XD

but never let the child rule over the adult.. that's what i think..
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose..

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosTate
    i would say its oke but there is a line for how tought the parent get towards the child .. ( I was beat up ones for braking my dad's comp <.< long time ago tho.. and the only time too ) punish oke.. beat no XD

but never let the child rule over the adult.. that's what i think..
    i think kids should be punished by sending them to their room and thats all i mean there only kids

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast