Thread: When making an anime website.....

Newbie matthewchan may be famous one day matthewchan may be famous one day matthewchan's Avatar
    Thanks

When making an anime website.....

I started this topic in another forum and it seemed to help a lot of people get ideas on what to base their anime websites on. I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Most anime sites are the same: Reviews, info and pics. There are enough anime sites with reviews and info, and almost every anime site has the same pics. To make sure your anime site is unique, you'll need to find something different that will make visitors re-visit your site everyday. Reviews and info are good, but you will need a little something extra... something that anime otaku's may enjoy.

Here are some ideas I've come up with:

- Anime personality quizzes (example: which Naruto character are you?)
    - Anime music videos
    - Improve the outlook of the website (perhaps add a flash intro too)
    - Rare, funny, philosophical, attractive, ect anime quotes
    - Anime wallpapers
    - Anime desktop themes
    - Anime winamp skins
    - Fan-made anime comic strips (like manga).
    - Occasional updates - more pictures, more reviews, more everything!
    ... stuff like that...

Of course, a lot of other anime sites out there offer the same stuff as listed above, which is why you'll have to make sure your work is of high quality, higher than the other websites.

What else do you think make an anime site unique and stand out from the others? and that will make visitors re-visit your site everyday?

I'm asking this because me and my friends are planning on making an anime site, and we can sure use some ideas. I'm planning on making my own anime site one day as well.
    Last edited by matthewchan; Jan 13, 2005 at 08:15 AM.

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not gonna give my idea out I have a really good idea, innovative as well

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks
    for getting people to come back to your site, don't forget that a forum can be put up with minimal effort, and people like forums, because it's a way for them to be heard too.

http://www.cjb.net/ has free forum hosting.

and as far as originality, i can't think of anything spectacular right now. I think the way you present your site leaves you the most room. You know, how everything is arranged, what all the buttons look like (hint hint, make them anime related) and stuff like that.