Thread: When are they going to make another good western?

Newbie Sherlock Hound may be famous one day Sherlock Hound may be famous one day Sherlock Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

When are they going to make another good western?

Can someone please tell me when (if ever) there will ever be another good western, OR has there been a good western (apart from deadwood) since Unforgiven (1992).
    The western desperately needs revitalisation, any new western lack substance. When I say western, I mean proper western,not stuff like o brother where art though, PROPER westerns.

Otaku Wrath may be famous one day Wrath may be famous one day Wrath's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the reign of western movies has come to an end. The last decent western I ever saw was Wild Wild West with Will Smith.
    -Maximum dimensions for signatures is 110(height)x450(width), maximum file size is 150kb. ONE IMAGE ONLY!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    ^ and that doesn't even really qualify as a true western. I have to agree with Wrath, Westerns are dead. Stick to the western channel on satelite, cuz that's the only place you can see them all the time. The world has moved on to different genres. Like romantic comedies... >_>

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    The last decent western I ever saw was Wild Wild West with Will Smith.
    I'll assume that your joking.

Anyhow, as mentioned earlier.... Deadwood is really the only thing around to even remind people about Westerns period. As for movies.. yeah the western genre has evaporated and is basically gone now, let's face it....there's no room in todays film circuit for good old cowboy flicks. What with the current "popularity" of remakes, comic-based films and sequels. I will admit though, 2003's "Open Range" was very excellent and was a breath of fresh air.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It will be a while before a good western comes out. It seems that nobody likes doing cowboy movies anymore.

Newbie akimoto1 may be famous one day akimoto1 may be famous one day akimoto1's Avatar
    Thanks
    western movies suck i mean really there is no point to make a western show or moive
    Make a RPG forum

Otaku Wrath may be famous one day Wrath may be famous one day Wrath's Avatar
    Thanks
    About the Wild Wild West thing I was kidding. lol u thought I was serious?
    -Maximum dimensions for signatures is 110(height)x450(width), maximum file size is 150kb. ONE IMAGE ONLY!