Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where Can I Listen To Music Online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newbie NahcMit may be famous one day NahcMit may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Where Can I Listen To Music Online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if youre looking for online music you should check out www.pandora.com. They got a whole mess of stuff there

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

go to aol.com then click on music. Just that simple

Newbie dgs_vex may be famous one day dgs_vex may be famous one day
    Thanks

you can stream music. also kinda called internet radio.

just open the link. if you know how.

internet anime music

just look for more internet radio

//just a test
    test
    test

how lame, our colors are disabled?

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Right on you hear anime theme songs on Live 365.com and type anime gender

Newbie Vault 35 may be famous one day Vault 35 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by know1
    Vault, I think you are missing the point. Supersayin is looking for online music. If he/she wanted to listen to high-end audio, he/she would have to own the cd/music dvd, or music files, in order to go out and buy a decent stereo to listen to them. I think this person is interested in streaming audio over the net.

In that case, itunes has half-way decent radio feeds build in. But that program is bloated. Better yet, most local radio stations have intard-web streams. If you like college radio, 88.9 WERS is good.

And no, it is not possible to get surround sound from a two-channel feed. You can fool people by splitting the two channels over the surround (rear) speakers, but they are the same as the front. all consumer stereos that claim to be able to do this, just emulate the surround effect by adding faint reverb or channel modulation. If you ever mixed 5.1, you would know that this is fake (not to say that it is horrible though). Today's computer system's soundcards are up to par (16bit-24bit, 44-96k), but it all lies in speakers, cables and amplification.

It's just my opinion that sound from a simple 2 channel vacuum tube amplifier is far superior to processed 5.1 digital surround sound especially if it is multiplexed through a speaker selector. This is specifically because simple vac tube amps do not emulate surround sound. A lot of surround sound coming from 5.1 amps sounds overprocessed and watered down to me--a lot of high & low frequency but lousy midrange. Several friends of mine I have exposed to vac tube sound have been amazed at the difference. I know there are excellent 5.1 and THX surround amps out there but we sure as hell aren't going to find them at Circuit City or Best Buy. They are manufactured by companies like KRELL and they are a heavy investment--giant torroidial transformers inside. We can only find switching amps at regular retail places and they are junk in my opinion.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vault 35
    It's just my opinion that sound from a simple 2 channel vacuum tube amplifier is far superior to processed 5.1 digital surround sound especially if it is multiplexed through a speaker selector. This is specifically because simple vac tube amps do not emulate surround sound. A lot of surround sound coming from 5.1 amps sounds overprocessed and watered down to me--a lot of high & low frequency but lousy midrange. Several friends of mine I have exposed to vac tube sound have been amazed at the difference. I know there are excellent 5.1 and THX surround amps out there but we sure as hell aren't going to find them at Circuit City or Best Buy. They are manufactured by companies like KRELL and they are a heavy investment--giant torroidial transformers inside. We can only find switching amps at regular retail places and they are junk in my opinion.
    Tube amps sound better than Best Buy digital amps.......I agree. That's like comparing a Ferrari and a Kia. Not even the same class, but it also reflects in the price. So to say that it sounds better is of no big surprise. Also, I was not saying that 5.1 was better than stereo or quadrophonic systems, just that it isn't the same thing. But the whole point of the original question, once again, was listening to music online.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2