Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: where do you buy you manga/anime

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks

where do you buy you manga/anime

For some reason one day I started to think about buying anime/manga but for the first time I actually thought about where you buy them. so where do you buy anime and/or manga.
    Also how much do they cost I have a 10 week allowance and want to know this because I have to save up for almost everything (game's manga's school supplies etc)
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Most of my anime purchases are done retail at 'Best Buy' and "Fry's Electronics", as both store chains sell most anime titles $5 or more below MSRP. A friend of mine has recently gone on a spending spree on anime titles posted on Overstock.com, as the prices can be significantly lower then MSRP, though selection often leaves much to be desired...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Myself I go to my local anime store (Animenuts).... They offer me a 5% rewards on every purchase, it may not sound like much but little by little it adds up....

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Me, I usually buy my anime at Sam Goody. It's what we have around here, so that's what I use.

Newbie kitty_kiki may be famous one day kitty_kiki may be famous one day kitty_kiki's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking

go to tokyo pop online and you can get videos, books, mag., cds and much more. i go there my self its kewl! and its not to much to buy stuff there

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    There are 3 places in Winnipeg that I buy from, Ir-Ben Entertainment sells and rents Anime, Soundtracks and Pocky (gotta respect the pocky)

In Portage Place mall, there's a small "Mom and Pop" type store called Oriental Gifts that sells Manga, Anime, Models, and Plushes (They have this Rei plush there that I was tempted to buy)

And theirs Comics of America on Academy rd. Its a comic shop that has a small section of Anime and Manga. They also have some statues there that are pretty rare collectables.

I mostly go to Oriental Gifts though, the Owner knows me buy name now and puts new manga aside for me because he knows thats what I'm looking for (He has copies of NGE Vol. 10 and Ai Yori Aoshi Vol. 8 waiting for me at the moment). His store keeps my anime addiction in RL incheck between conventions. ^_^;

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually I don't, I just read my friends.

He special orders it. Any comic supplier should be able to special order manga you'll just have to prepay.

As for Anime, I record it from TV, purchase through a friend who owns a game business, or buy retail.

Any game store that deals in Roleplaying and Strategy game should also be able to order Anime. It's usually sold in the same catalog. Again, if you special order they'll probably insist you prepay.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Actually I don't, I just read my friends..
    hehehehe.... it's exactly the same for me, expect it's my friends treating my collection as their local anime lending library. ^_^

I dobut you live where I do, but in case anyone does live out my way (Sydney Australia) it might be of interest to them too.

I get my manga and anime all retail from 4 different stores.
    Manga I get from Kinokuniya (Japanese bookstore... only one in the country too... bless them) I also get 10% of there too. I also get Manga from a little store called Kings Comics, they are great at getting in my favourite Shoujo series in quickly.
    DVDs I buy from another little store called Cartoon Gallery, and CDs and other stuff from a place called Astro Hobby.
    Sometimes I go online too at Tamarket for bits and pieces I can't buy retail... and when I really really want something from America I use Ebay.

But yeah.... prices. A manga usually cost $9.95 each and a DVD around $25 or so. Of course where I live it's more expensive, but I think they are the average prices for manga and anime in America.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast