Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: where do you start?

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ideas, hmm~ usually i will not get anuthing, but wherever i go, I'll have at least a writing tool and a paper for me to jot down any brainstorm when I'm walking, running, you get the idea.

My characters will be developed before the start of a comic, to make sure my plan is on track, and to prevent me from going crazy with all the ideas i want to include in Personally, I like drawing girls, they are more interesting to draw than guys
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Let me see here....I always use a .7 pencil...i dunno y but it feels soo comfortable! Neway, I usually start by drawing the shape of the head first...afterwards i draw in the eyes and a "fake nose" which i would adjust later on....afterwards i draw the hair and the mouth...and then i work my way down to the bottom! This usually works for me, but sometimes i start with the arms first...i dunno y but it works for me sometimes....Usually before i start all of my drawings...i seem to somehow picture it in my head and project it on a piece of paper and then...i jus draw over my imaginary lines
    Last edited by Boo45; Jan 06, 2005 at 12:42 PM.

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks
    I start by drawing the outlines for the body, starting with the head. Then I add all necessary lines inside the outlines (like muscles, breasts, outlines of shading,etc.).
    Finally, I add detail to the pic (Hair, eyes, clothes, background,etc.).

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks
    I normally start at the torso, but if you need help just drawing a guy, or one of those thin anime characters go to my "help for first timers" thread for help.

Newbie kauki_smilz may be famous one day kauki_smilz may be famous one day kauki_smilz's Avatar
    Thanks
    i usually start with the eyes. i guess it helps keep me focused on what i want the character to look like. besides, the eyes often set the tone of the pic for me. because i'm still a pretty basic artist, i work from the head to the feet, saving the hair for last.

most of my ideas come from an overactive imagination. i try not to base my work on someone else's or an idea that's already been done (meaning, overdone). just try to keep it original(^_^)

serving drooling fangirls everywhere, one bishie at a time...

Newbie hira kurusuma may be famous one day hira kurusuma may be famous one day hira kurusuma's Avatar
    Thanks
    well i usually start with the eyes its usually the one that is closest to me, then i do the nose and use that to draw everything else, like a ruler if you will. And well i basically draw from the head down. And i use a mechanical pencil to draw everything and then i use pin and nibs to ink it. And well thats pretty much it
    live by the sword, and die by the sword, this is the honorable way.

Newbie c.c. may be famous one day c.c. may be famous one day c.c.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I start with the eyes or the head :/ Sometimes I start with the lips, sometimes.

Newbie jkun17 may be famous one day jkun17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I start with sitck figures and non-sensical circles. It really looks like junk when I start. I just flesh it out from there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast