Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: where do you start?

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    I usually use any kind of pencil... more often the Mongol#2 or the Stadler HB... In my case, I HAVE to start with the face shape first, then a little part of the hair... After that I would proceed to the body structure and pose, putting clothes and intricate details complete with shoes, accessories and all... When all that is done, I focus all of my concentration on the most significant part: the face... I do the eyes (very carefully and in different styles depending on the character image), then the nose, and the lips... Then I add the finishing touches to the hair... When the hand positions are hard, it would really be the last thing I fix, but mostly, I stress on the face... So the sketches would be done once I'm satisfied with it...
    Last edited by zeine; Feb 08, 2005 at 11:22 PM.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    I use a .5mm pencil with soft lead and copic markers to color, I start with absolutly nothing and that is why i have no true style! that's the way to go for me. Babe extrordinaire!

I will do Kite and Blackrose!!!
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Newbie camui may be famous one day camui may be famous one day camui's Avatar
    Thanks
    I start wherever I wish it to be. I don't have a particular way of drawing. Sometimes it starts all the way from the bottom, or maybe next time starting from the nose.

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    well i use a 5.mm mechanical pencil if i have one.then i usually draw the face shape draw the eyes then the hair.and for pencil i use mecchanical if i can
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    i always start with the eyes. ALWAYS....

becuase when you start with the eyes then you can add some originality to it and its easier to form the head from your eyes then form your eyes to your head im pretty sure you understood that lol

Newbie silverayne may be famous one day silverayne may be famous one day silverayne's Avatar
    Thanks
    I usually like to use .7 mechanical pencils unless a tri-Ticonderoga is available to my use then I use those because they are as min-goddesses in my hands OO;.

As far as the drawing goes I start with facial features, eyes; then shape the head, from there I shape out the torso then go back and do details in the face (nose, mouth, etc) and the hair. I begin clothing on the torso and go on to do hands and legs.

Sometimes I just start wherever I had the inspiring idea for the picture was....such as; if I had an awesome idea for a drawing with a really cool skirt.. i would begin with the skirt and then go on to continue the rest of the body. But usually I do start with eyes or hands first because I am weird. oO;

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I need help getting the proportions right!! i either do the head too big or the body not big enough................ and suggestions???

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ
    I need help getting the proportions right!! i either do the head too big or the body not big enough................ and suggestions???
    Practice!! -and have some pics for a referance handy, it does help!! or if you can afford one a model manakin [sp] good luck!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast