Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who likes Rap?

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonic
    Not all new artist are bad. You ever listen to underground, some of them spit some crazy hot shit.
    I concur. If anyone is really interested or at least somewhat curious about what REAL rap is about..then i suggest checking out music from the likes of these these underground artists i list below.. they focus more so on the actual "art" of hip hop....listening to just about any of these groups will most likely change the way you think about rap.
    ------------------------
    People Under the Stairs
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    Swollen Members
    Greenhouse Effect
    Algorithm
    Ill Bill
    Sweat Shop Union
    Justus League
    ------------------------

You can find information for most of the groups ive listed at www.cdnow.com

check em out

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think a better title is "who doesn't like rap"

Newbie drunken munkee may be famous one day drunken munkee may be famous one day
    Thanks
    anyone who listens to the "popular" rap has to admit that a lot of it is guided by the so called "industry above." the true lyricists are those who's work is underappreciated and cant get a recording deal mearly because they refuse to conform to the redord label's stereotype. i love all rap old school and newschool and r&b, but anyone notice a lack in good r&b music? like im not talking about all that usher stuff, im talking about those love ballads. i remember when i used to love the harmonizing of groups like boyz ii men, kci&jojo, and jagged edge, but i feel there isnt that same feel in todays music. all everyone wants to do is blast club bangers and get their grind on .. which isnt a problem at all

btw please dont fill this topic with those "RAP IS GARBAGE BLAH BLAH BLAH" posts please. he asked who else here shared his ear for music, even if it is the minority. people will disagree simply because rap's not for them, and that's awesome, but its not necessary to make rude remarks about other's preference for music. im sure no one here who listens to rap will bash whatever you fancy; just be respectful.
    Last edited by drunken munkee; Dec 15, 2004 at 04:35 PM.
    "It's not the years in your life that matters, but the life in those years." - Tupac

Newbie insane_interpol_fan may be famous one day insane_interpol_fan may be famous one day insane_interpol_fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drunken munkee
    anyone who listens to the "popular" rap has to admit that a lot of it is guided by the so called "industry above." the true lyricists are those who's work is underappreciated and cant get a recording deal mearly because they refuse to conform to the redord label's stereotype. i love all rap old school and newschool and r&b, but anyone notice a lack in good r&b music? like im not talking about all that usher stuff, im talking about those love ballads. i remember when i used to love the harmonizing of groups like boyz ii men, kci&jojo, and jagged edge, but i feel there isnt that same feel in todays music. all everyone wants to do is blast club bangers and get their grind on .. which isnt a problem at all
    I agree with you, I'm sort of into the kind of rap music that actually has lyrics that mean something rather than the whole "bling bling" thing. I've just noticed all that popular stuff is all about sex, violence, drugs and money...there's nothing really to it anymore

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    The only time I've ever liked rap was while playing San Andreas. Yeah, then it's tolerable. XD Ya'll feel meh !
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i think a better title is "who doesn't like rap"
    There are a lot of people that don't like rap. I'm one of those people. So your statement is invalid.

Some of it is tolerable but it usually gets overplayed and starts to become annoying. Great for dancing to though.
    Too cool for a sig.

Otaku kryptonic may be famous one day kryptonic may be famous one day kryptonic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, it's more people than I expected. I agree with some of you that some songs and new artists aren't great but if you listen to underground and a couple of the better/veteran rappers you'll really get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    I concur. If anyone is really interested or at least somewhat curious about what REAL rap is about..then i suggest checking out music from the likes of these these underground artists i list below.. they focus more so on the actual "art" of hip hop....listening to just about any of these groups will most likely change the way you think about rap.
    ------------------------
    People Under the Stairs
    Jedi Mind Tricks
    Swollen Members
    Greenhouse Effect
    Algorithm
    Ill Bill
    Sweat Shop Union
    Justus League
    ------------------------

You can find information for most of the groups ive listed at www.cdnow.com

check em out

Damn! Thanks for the list man, glad to see someone who actually knows these groups besides me.
    When you're caught between Good and Evil, Make them both suffer.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    oO;;;; *raises hand* I like me some rap!!!
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast