Thread: Who would you be? What would you do?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Who would you be? What would you do?

I'm posting this after reading a book about Nazi Germany and indoctrination of children.
    This is a bit of self knowledge, please don't post crap if you haven't seriously thought it through.

What would you do if you were born in a country in a time where some dictator or dictatorial regime is in power.
    You can use the example of Nazi Germany if you like.
    You can also include possibilities like wether or not your parents are active followers of the regime, etc.

Would you be one of the large group of followers?
    Or is would your sense of right and wrong stop you from e.g. hating a particular group of people?

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who would you be? What would you do?

This is a very interesting question. I, myself, have great grandparents (on my mother's side) that were from Germany and fled the country during WWI, and other relatives that fled during WWII. We only have one great aunt that we know of that stayed in Nazi Germany and believed in Hitler's doctrine of hate. She passed away some time ago. My great aunt Ruth was the only person to return to Germany after WWII to visit Auschwitz and was too horrified to talk about her experience.

Given I know my family's history I would have to say that I would not take part in a regime like Nazi Germany. I believe too much in life and the equality of all people to be indoctrinated into something telling me otherwise. My parents also play a major role in this in that they have always helped to further me along this path. My grandfather on my mother's side was a preacher, and while I don't believe strictly in everything I was taught religiously as a child (I also went to christian school) I do believe in the basic principles of love and fellowship.

Were I born into a regime such as Nazi Germany, I don't believe my sentiments would change unless the entire history of my family were to unravel and become something else. I did not learn love for my fellow man from my government, nor did I learn to view everyone one as equals from it. I learned it from the examples my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents set for me.

An obvious truth, however, is that children are definitely influenced at a young age by their parents' politcal views. If both parents are believers in the regime, and actively hand their children over to organizations like Hitler's Youth for indoctrination, obviously that child has hardly any chance of resisting at all. They are surrounded at all times by the sentiments of the regime during their developmental stages.

Very interesting question

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

i would probably join the edlewies pirates if i was in nazi-germany, but not neccesarily for good, more probably because i would decide that i don't want to follow the crowd, plus the edlewies pirates had lots of sex.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Although is is quite the interesting topic, there are no "What would you do?" threads allowed.

Closing.