Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: wHOS IN A ROCK BAND

Newbie Winter may be famous one day Winter may be famous one day Winter's Avatar
    Thanks
    I actually do have a band. I'm the lead guitarist/vocalist in it. Anyway, we are thinking of naming it Undefined Tribute, or just Undefined or just Tribute. Yeah, lol. We played a couple of shows. We arent really thinking of hitting it big time or anything. Its just something we want to do as friends. Something fun.

Otaku Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless's Avatar
    Thanks
    A friend of mine is in a local punk band. That's about as close as I'll ever get to that kind of fame.

He called me a few nights ago, completely estatic because he might tour Europe with Jimmy Eat World (I dunno who they are, but hey, sounds like good times, right?)
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However,
    a great number of electrons were terribly
    inconvenienced

Love with its back turned My manga highschool love story.

Newbie insane_interpol_fan may be famous one day insane_interpol_fan may be famous one day insane_interpol_fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderlandless
    A friend of mine is in a local punk band. That's about as close as I'll ever get to that kind of fame.

He called me a few nights ago, completely estatic because he might tour Europe with Jimmy Eat World (I dunno who they are, but hey, sounds like good times, right?)
    *starts freaking out* I would be just as happy if I could tour with them. They're like one of my favorite bands! *coughs*

Well back to the subject I might start a band later and its either going to be called The TV Men or The spectacles. I guess a good name for your band could have something to do with an inside joke you have with your friends that will leave the fans wondering what it means. Its pretty cool ^^

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    i've had a few ideas for a band. The Wall Street Band was kinda well out there. that was my first idea. Tibula was another idea for a metal band. i heard that the Tibula was a bone in ur body or something. so that's where i got the idea for that. another was Catastrophic Tendencies. lame ass idea. the last one of mine was Hence The Catastrophe of the Machine or Hence the Failure of Your Society. i had a few silly names like The Phonebill's on the Rise and The Poolmen.

Otaku -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=- may be famous one day -=Broken^Halo=-'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm I've been a few bands, and in the process of getting one togather right now to. My last bands name was Thornswallow, but that was a more serious band then the one im in now, we're just havin a good time... i think our name is gonna be something like... "Groovalicious Hemp Daddy's" ... which is an inside joke between the bassist and her dad ^.^.

My friend had a punk band called Civil Disobedience, they were awesome, well about as awesome as punk can get, im not a fan of punk.. but yeah.. I play hard and fast shreddin it up .
    Fr3aK~0f~N@Tu|23

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bUTTERFLYcATCHER
    mY FRENZ ARE TRYING TO START A BAND....
    iTS GOING TO BE CALLED "eXCEPTION TO THE bREED!"
    wE DECIDED TO BE CALLED THAT BECAUSE WE ALL ARE MULTI-TALENTED IN THAT WE ALL CAN SING, PLAY THE DRUMS, GUITAR, BASS, PIANO, AND SYNTHESIZER...

DO U HAVE ANY BAND NAMES OR SUGGESTIONS AS TO WAT THE BAND NAME SHOULD BE...?

oH AND IF U HAD A BAND WAT WOULD BE THE BAND NAME AND Y...?

tHANK YOU...!
    Just for pointers, if you are going to be in a band you should make sure that your doing it because you love making music not just because you think it's cool. It's not all about having a badass band name or making the chicks go wild. It's all about making music and expressing everything about you in every single song. Take it or leave it, but its probably the best advice for any starting band.

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother
    Just for pointers, if you are going to be in a band you should make sure that your doing it because you love making music not just because you think it's cool. It's not all about having a badass band name or making the chicks go wild. It's all about making music and expressing everything about you in every single song. Take it or leave it, but its probably the best advice for any starting band.

I agree completely.

I'm in a rock/jazz/techno/metal band right now. We just all love music and can't figure out what we want to play, so we play it all. Stuff just seems to fall together for us. All we have to do is get together with some instruments and the rest works itself out.

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks
    i used to be in a few deathmetal/grindcore bands in the mid-90's, before i got into drum n bass...played a few backyard parties but that was all that came of that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast