Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Why is anime popular?

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why is anime popular?

Quote Originally Posted by darkflames
    Well the reason we people like anime is becasue it is cool! it has action violence romance etc!
    erm because its a lot more readly available than 10 years ago...thnx to computers...
    Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

"American cartoons place characters in situations; anime places situations around characters...anime characters are not like fictional characters but more like fictional people; their actions stem directly from their personalities, and not just as a means to move the story's plot forward...we are made to sympathize with them, and not simply be entertained by them..."
    ~John Oppliger~

I think the characters are part of the reason why anime interests so many people. They're more realistic than most animated (or non-animated) characters. They have flaws and they're more human. The situations are also something that people can relate to or want to be able to relate to. There are a lot of anime situations that deal with real life issues and themes, and people can find themselves in them.

Also, I believe that the variety of anime provides the opportunity for more people to like it. "There's an anime for everyone. If you don't like this, you just haven't seen the one for you yet." That's what my friends and I always say. And the artwork is detailed and beautiful, too.

(And don't you love that quote? It's one of my favorites. ^_^)
    Last edited by LittleHobbit13; Mar 11, 2006 at 12:51 AM.

Newbie Gundam-Freedom may be famous one day Gundam-Freedom may be famous one day Gundam-Freedom's Avatar
    Thanks

It's addtictive, cool and more intresting then american stuff but not saying that I do enjoy american entertainment too

Fave Animes: 高達wing, 高達seed,高達第08MS小隊,高達ZZ,頭文字D,naruto,bleach,stu dio ghibli,龍珠Z,名偵探柯南,數碼暴龍,天地無用 etc

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6