Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why do Americans change the format of Manga books?

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    I think there's something similar done in the newtype magazine, and yet they are messing it up
    No, they keep the original right to left magazine order. The individual pages are read left to right, because it would cause too much confusion otherwise.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah don't you think they could have just left it be left to right?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks
    I don't personally think so. They are trying to keep the whole mag as authentic as possible, while still catering to the needs of directionally challenged anime fans.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    are there ppl out there who are really that concerned about things such as directions?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks
    Oh, sure there are! I mean, if we were to keep the magazine in the original formatting with just translations done, the sentences would read like this:

"2005 in released be to scheduled is series This."

Not exactly what people are looking for, is it?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Oh, sure there are! I mean, if we were to keep the magazine in the original formatting with just translations done, the sentences would read like this:

"2005 in released be to scheduled is series This."

Not exactly what people are looking for, is it?
    very funny.

I'm afraid the answer is very simple, marketing. Whenever you bring something new to the market you want to apeal to as many people as possible to give you the best chance of a return on your money. Since people in many other countries read left to right they flip the printing to make it easier to sell to the mass market. Translations aimed at the exclusive market of manga fans print them in the original format in order to apeal to their target market. Walla.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, Tokyopop is producing most of their magna in the right-to-left format, so I think that since it's become more popular, the publishers feel it's okay to start introducing prople to the way it's really done. Most prople should be able to handle it, it's doesn't take a genious to figure it out!

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't care bout the format...
    Acctually ienjoy reading that way...
    But my english teacher freaks out.. when start reading from the wrong side in the text book ^-^
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast