Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Why do girls always go uot with the older guys?

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Well im not sure about all girls but there is sometimes the case of "women trying to marry their fathers" that we all hear about so often....and its something i guess alot of people are still trying to figure out for sure..
    It's called the Oedipus Complex, by Sigmund Freud. Also, it's not "women trying to marry their fathers", it is men who are attractive to women that resemble their mothers.

And, my theory as to why girls date older men is that girls mature much faster than guys. So, girls worry more about things such as boyfriends and relationships, while guys worry about which game to buy to play on their Playstation. Naturally, they fall for older guys, because older guys are as mature as they are. Does this make sense?

[Edit]: I posted right after I read Narrator's post. I didn't bother to read the rest of the posts. I read page 4 after posting this, and saw that someone already posted my theory, sorry. I guess you can say, I agree with him.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Jan 03, 2005 at 05:46 PM.

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    It's called the Oedipus Complex, by Sigmund Freud. Also, it's not "women trying to marry their fathers", it is men who are attractive to women that resemble their mothers.
    But "women trying to marry their fathers" is yet another complex...it's called the Elektra complex, and basically, this ENTIRE thread is just that...all about the Elektra complex.

Well, to elaborate further...

(from http://www.w3taxi.com/emancipation/freud.shtml )

In the female, the "Elektra Complex" is alleged to occur when she notices that her father has an organ which she doesn't have. She feels castrated and experiences what is known as "penis envy". She then loves her father and is jealous of her mother. The voting public, especially of the leftist persuasion, exhibit signs of a similar complex. Seeing wealth around them which they do not know how to produce they feel expropriated and experience what is known as "envy".

-RODION
    Last edited by Rodion; Jan 04, 2005 at 10:32 PM.
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Guys, I might get flamed for this but Freud was a hack.

That said, it is a fact that women tend to marry men like their fathers and men tend to marry women like their mothers, because that is what they're used to. That's why so many kids from abusive families marry abusers.

Tip: If you get engaged pay close attention to how your fiance treats his mother (if you're female) or her father (if your male) because chances are pretty good that's how s/he will treat you.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodion
    But "women trying to marry their fathers" is yet another complex...it's called the Elektra complex, and basically, this ENTIRE thread is just that...all about the Elektra complex.
    -RODION
    Ahh, very well, I didn't know that one. Thanks.

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Guys, I might get flamed for this but Freud was a hack.

That said, it is a fact that women tend to marry men like their fathers and men tend to marry women like their mothers, because that is what they're used to. That's why so many kids from abusive families marry abusers.

Tip: If you get engaged pay close attention to how your fiance treats his mother (if you're female) or her father (if your male) because chances are pretty good that's how s/he will treat you.
    Not really a flame but, hacks are not bad at all. I mean, Steven Jobs and Bill Gates were, in a way, both hacks, in that they really didn't know where the computer industry was heading, but they just went by their gut feelings (and mojo balls too), and since then, they've changed the face of the world... hacks rule!

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Newbie Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity's Avatar
    Thanks
    Regarding the thread topic, girls may tend to date older men because the ones the same age may be immature, and for lots of teens thats the case.
    also older guys tend to have a better sense of almost everything, and usually have a car or whatever other material crap people go for.

I say this because I know for my case, I cant stand most girls my age, they are just too immature and are, put shortly - dumb.
    (But hey, most humans on earth are dumb, male or female. and no im not being concieted or anything)
    -EDIT-
    they might also have a hard time finding a guy there own age with a ''8===>''
    thats big enough to satisfy there needs? I don't know, lol.

Newbie therealslimfatguy may be famous one day therealslimfatguy may be famous one day
    somewhere in the south western part of the US
    Thanks
    my girl is older than me

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I think Girls tend to date older guys is to show off to mates, that they can get older guys by wearing more makeup them they should do.
    However, with me, I tend to go for anyone who takes my fancy, most of the guy's i have dated have been younger than me buy a couple of months and even almost a year younger than me. So it does depend on the person.

But the complex theories are true as well! Girls go for people who remind them of their fathers and Guys who remind them of their mothers.

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast