Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Why do people classify other people?

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why do people classify other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    ...but then comes the question... what was it like before? Before we could classify anything? ... what happens to those who don't have language and have never met any other such creatures?

Sure, then we compare it to trees and rocks and etc...

...........but............ what IF there was any chance, where a child is tested in birth to not hear anything, see anything, feel anything! ... and staying like that for years to come.... never knowing anything, not even its own existence....
    ............................... then you bring it to the light. What then?
    Woah...um my lack of sleep is definitely putting me at a disadvantage here.

What do you mean before we could classify anything? People always are left with an impression of a person they meet and judge them due to their experience with them.

As for the child thing you mentioned, where I have to say I'm not totally sure what you are trying to get at, but I'll give it a go. When you bring a child 'to light', I guess it depends when you do so. Or it couldn't. I think it is just natural for us to judge a person. You don't need to previously know anything; your mind will make an evaluation of the person (creature did you want to put it?) naturally and the judgement or classification will be made.

Did I understand and respond properly? I think I did pretty well for not running on all burners.

Okay, I'm done .^_^.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

::SK says::

oh, i wasn't really trying to debate, i was just saying... cuz it's a fun project... don't try those things at home, it really messes up the kid...

EVERYBODY DANCE!!! DOOBIE DOOBIE DOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Allright, to address soshi and his weird question. If a child was kept say in a sensory deprevation chamber and say that for simplicity it didn't have to eat or drink and couldn't die from lack of oxygen or toxic poisoning. They would still be self aware. But then you brought them out say at age 6. they cant communicate they don't know what anything is but, they can still learn. If a tall man punched said child in the face the child would feel pain which is rather unpleasant, and would learn to turn away from them, now say another man with similar characteristics (hair color, voice, or even smell) approaches the child. The kid will probably turn away because, based on past experience, "If I smell cologneX my face gets hurt" or whatever. So they classify all people who wear cologneX as people who hurt them (Bad). You follow the process and you find that this is a rudementry thought process that even animals use as a survival skill.
    It's how we learn. Look at your education, when you were taught say the alphabet it was even broken into groups (vowels and consonents) or mathmatics you probably learned addition and subtraction together or one right after the other because they are more similar than adding is to say multiplication.
    This is a thought process, break big things (human race, or math, or language) into easy to digest groups. Divide and conquer in it's simplest form.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep. Humans can't think without classifying, especially dividing by two - after all, they have two hands, two eyes, two feet - the entire world seems built for humans to bisect, and so saying it's silly or biased to do so is, well, silly.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    cologneX
    ::SK says::

what the hell is cologneX? "I am cologneX, ruler of all cologne..."

"my education" what if i had a different kind of education, you're classifying me already... what if i was a robot? doo bao doo bao!!! wearing some of your cologneX, the ultimate robot... cologneX S64 with badass speaker options

"wierd questions"! who are you to judge questions! what if the question was to talk back to you.. XD

in the end we're just classifying classifications, so who are we to classify classified classifications classy class class impervious to magic hemogloblin circumnavigate circumcision bleh bleh blah blah bloo rrroooooooaaaaaaaarrrrrr

the end

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

1. I used X as a variable ( a set value that is undefined in this case a brand name), apparently you missed the math part in your robot learnin.
    2. Taking a newborn child and making it blind and deaf or unaware of itself (however it is you would do that) if even temporarily would be not only weird but cruel. And moreover if the "question" could talk it would be even more weird.
    3. Who are we to classify.....? Well, we have all been addressing this very issue in this very thread. Feel free to go back and read everyones opinions.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    Uh...I'm not Illiterate or overpaid. And I am certainly not french.
    I never said you... wait. Yes I did.

Thanks

Thats still not very nice. I mean why would you say something that messed up? Everything else you've said isn't that bad, but to call someone French!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast