Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people dislike goths so much???

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why do people dislike goths so much???

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman
    "people are afraid of what is diffferent" -Mithos Yggdrassil, Tales of Symphonia.
    (that's my best guess)
    True people are afraid whats different or the they just like beaing mean,Me realy dont care eather way if some like to dress like that why should i care.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

The dark side

Goths are often portrayed as satanists, sado-masochists, depressive, violent and eccentric.Many stereotypes of Goths exist but practitioners say that these are often misleading.In reality, there are many types of Goth ranging from the traditional style to the more frivolous 'Glitter-Goth' and the technologically advanced 'Cyber-Goth'.
    At the other end of the spectrum, there are Goths with sado-masochistic tendencies, and an interest in the occult.

Cyber Goth
    --------------
    Robotic style. Keen on technology. Indulges in careful use of colour
    Glitter Goth
    --------------
    Keen on body sparkle and glitzy make-up. Wears brighter colours
    Punk-Goth
    -------------
    The original .. Think Joy Division, and Siouxsie. Doomy and nihilistic
    Perky Goth
    -------------
    Playful Goth. More upbeat and cheeky in style
    New Romantic Goth
    ------------------------
    'New romantic' tendencies. More elaborate in style and dress. White and black abound
    Vampy Goth
    ---------------
    Think Vampira, bats and black cats. Black lace, white make-up. 19th century gothic horror
    Crusty Goth
    ---------------
    Hippy tendencies. Matted hair. Tendency to be over 40 years old

So what else can i say maybe that any man or woman or child that wanna hide behind some kind off disguise like maybe one of these......
    U should stop putting on masks for the world and show your real self maybe then u will not have the problems u are referring to in this thread.
    It is true that if u dress like them u will be classed with them either good or bad it is your choice where u wanna stand in the world with a group that ppl hate because of things that other Goths or Punks or whatever did in the past ......

Shake it off be somebody....

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

All-in-all it's because of this:

They're too different from the usual.

They have an unusual color.

They have an unusual taste in clothing, music, and etc.

They move unusually.

You know what's like that? : Zombies, bugs, and any other "living" thing that we consider scary. ^___^ But because they're humans, too... we just "hate" them.
    It's mainly out of fear, I can completely vouch for that (I made friends with almost every genre of people... ) .

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

i get called a goth by my friends even though i don't even look close to one....i love there look though, its soooo cool, and ppl just hate because they don't fit in there own image.....some ppl anyway....

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Hey i am not afraid of them because they look different or like different things or any of that so stop the afraid business ok they are outcasts in society.
    Hey i dont care if u wanna dressup like a pig u can if u wanna look like Elvis go ahead but the big question is who are u inside are the shy little boy who dresses funny or is Goth a Mask u hide behind when u going to public places so that ppl will leave u alone.
    To many ppl have issues they themself dont understand.

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

Well im not goth but i am depressed ,angry, sad and any other thing like that but a goths dress sence is kinda intimidating dont get me wrong im not anti goth you can do what you like its just goths give that kinda "im gunna mug the first guy i see even if its grand pa" look i dont know why they think that im sure you dont mug people for fun and im sure your a nice person but goths look evil this once again proves that one bad goth can give every other goth a bad name
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Otaku ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse may be famous one day ghosthorse's Avatar
    Thanks

There's this one goth chick in my school that is just beyond scary-looking. I don't know why it's just her, but whenever I think of the term 'goth', I think of her. I don't even know her name or grade, but I see her once every day. She looks like swordfish3 said, like she wants to mug the next person who gets in her way. I have friends that like to dress vampy, sorta gothic, but it's just for fun. They like to play 'dress-up', so maybe it's just that way for all types of goths, only they like to be in a permanent state of dress-up. But I see no attraction to the black lips, or heavily caked faces and eyes. It looks dirty more than anything.
    Treat me like an angel, and I'll be your little devil.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I have nothing against them, but seem to have something against me because I am badass Monk. Haha. Just kidding. I respect their ways, and love people of all kinds. Do Goths like Monks? I think they do, big time. Anyways...

I wish Hoki was on the boards; he would have sooo liked to answer on this thread. He is one of my several Goth buddies. *Remembers* Cereals are sooo good with blood, aren't they Kedar? Haha. Dude! You are freaking me out. All is great! Great times! Anyways...

Why do some people dislike them?

Mainly because they look different from the ordinary with the black theme along with the rest of the accessories. Human nature, my friends.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast