Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people dislike goths so much???

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why do people dislike goths so much???

Quote Originally Posted by Juice
    fashion sense.

Ive never understood why "Goths" want to be nonconformist and dress differently then everyone else when they all conform to eachother and dress the same.
    Attention

the goth's were originally the visigoth's they were mercenaries that eventually took down rome
    rome thought they could just sit back relax and let the goth's fight for them
    before they knew it there were more goth's than roman's and rome fell easily
    Do you expect us to believe that?? lol Care to show proof of that??? Even if it was true, which i highly doubt, they were probably nothing like the goths of today.

Edit:
    Ok i looked it up, and its true. Still i bet the only thing they have in common with what today is known as goths is the word goth itself.

Goths were a East Germanic tribe, not a way of acting and dressing. Also goths werent origionally Visigoths. Visigoths is a branch of goths.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Attention

Do you expect us to believe that?? lol Care to show proof of that??? Even if it was true, which i highly doubt, they were probably nothing like the goths of today.

Edit:
    Ok i looked it up, and its true. Still i bet the only thing they have in common with what today is known as goths is the word goth itself.

Goths were a East Germanic tribe, not a way of acting and dressing. Also goths werent origionally Visigoths. Visigoths is a branch of goths.
    lol
    I forgot to put that in my post that the visigoth's were the real goth's
    people just like to use the name but the gothic style is meant to scare people and ward them away

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

that's very interesting!!!

but i digress... from nothing!!! ha ha...

::ahem:: anyway... goths are people too... hey just dress better and right better poetry....

some of them atleast...

::gags:: nothing worse than bad goth poetry...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    that's very interesting!!!

but i digress... from nothing!!! ha ha...

::ahem:: anyway... goths are people too... hey just dress better and right better poetry....

some of them atleast...

::gags:: nothing worse than bad goth poetry...
    O_O ...WHAT?! But... but... I TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT!!!

>_< IT WAS WHEN I WAS RANTING ABOUT GREEK AND ROMAN HISTORY!!! REMEMBER?!!!

._. *sigh* ........ oh well... my rants just get too boring, I guess...

<_< Well, I would like to give my thanks to Zackraa for sharing that bit of information...

However, the term "goths" for TODAY's goths came from something different from the REAL GOTHS....

... don't ask me what, I don't remember anymore.

Otaku animemeanime may be famous one day animemeanime may be famous one day animemeanime's Avatar
    Thanks

oh but i would like to know what the word goth means for today as i am called that very often.
    "Brodie: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
    Silent Bob: "Excitement, adventure... A Jedi craves not these things.
    "
    MALLRATS

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason why people treat you differently is because people are afraid of what they don't understand; people do not understand why you like the gothic style which is characterized by the mysterious or the grotesque, However, it could also be because alot of people who are gothic their behavior is such that its puts people off. Also, its because of generational gaps, most older americans never had to see the commercialized goth such as Hot Topic and such. I don't really have a problem with the gothic style, hell I even like the gothic style, however, when your life becomes the gothic style I ask myself why are you acting this way, what is the reason for the clothes or the nails or the taste in music. What is it that you are trying to say, because it is one thing to appreciate the gothic style which alot of people do, but it is another to make this style your life. Also, most people especially in highschool become gothic because they are trying to prove a point or make a statement, their is a psychological need to be an individual.

A goth today could be negative becuase alot of gothic bands have lyrics and their behavior is such that they are perceived as being negative. Also, the gothic style has become more commercialized with such stores as Hot Topic, which specialize in the grunge, punk, gothic lifestyle.

I have never been goth but I do appreciate the gothic lifestyle, my two cents

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Citara may be famous one day Citara may be famous one day
    Thanks

....I said this once before I will say it again... Get the EDIT over yourselves!
    Just cause you are on a online forum doesen't mean you need to bitch about how you and your cliche is "misunderstood"...GAG ME!
    I am EDIT embarassed to be assosiated with some of you ppl who call your selves goth....
    Oh and for the record...goth is more about music then the ****ing color black
    Last edited by jaderabbit; Feb 20, 2006 at 09:14 AM.

Newbie stargirl_washu may be famous one day stargirl_washu may be famous one day stargirl_washu's Avatar
    Thanks

I know how you feel. I dress goth, look goth and listen to Jason Donovan and hell! People look at me in the street and scream everytime I walk past. Once I was minding my own business when a car nearly crashed b'coz the stupid driver kept staring at my make-up. I had to go to the police station and give a statement on something I did not know!!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast