Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: why do people like anime ?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: why do people like anime ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks
    Why? Well, it is crack, that is why. Just saw your first Anime title? Well you just used your first gateway drug.
    True True, "drugs" is good, in fact is collecting several "drugs" right now.....Trunks...how the heck can you be banned?

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

i beleave that people like anime bc it can feed there fantasy's. like seeing demons and stuff. they use it as an escap from the wrold. they feel intuned with some of the characters emotions. sometimes they wish there lives were fun and adventure filled like theres. and when people read about demons. they can see what there supposed to look like in anime. some people like me use anime to get ideas to write for books(im currently writing a book based on the same area as inuyasha but its not a fanfic). thats what i think though.

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

Well Animes are pretty cool.......there's a of lot violence, sex, blood, gore, robots, cars, wait did I mention Violence!

All in all, it is an escape to reality or everyday life. It let's our imagination about a whole different world come to life on TV......now i dunno if we can compare anime to drugs. I know that it is addictive like drugs, it gives a person a strange high like drugs, it gives an urge to want more like drugs, hmmmm.....I guess animes are like drugs.......we just don't smoke it, inhale it, inject it, and all that other crappy stuff people do with drugs.

For me I just love it period! I have seen old ones like Mazinkaizer....Macross/Robotech, The Transformers, Astroboy, Akira, Ninja Scroll.......etc etc etc.

Anime 4-Lyf!

Newbie XxLinkinParkxX may be famous one day XxLinkinParkxX may be famous one day XxLinkinParkxX's Avatar
    Thanks

Chance to see somehting I noirmally wouldnt, open new doors in my mind. Chance to find out who I really am.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Besides animation style, subject matter brings me back to anime over and over. Mecha are cool. But sci-fi movies are bad and TV series are worse. Personally, I think Japan has something other countries don't: an internal understanding of technology. How many anime are set in worlds where cyborgs are just part of life? Sure, racism usually gets turned on the technologically enhanced, but robots are meant to be a part of our world. Or so anime has me thinking.

The other thing, I can't really explain, is there's something primal about anime. Shounen anime may just be hero fantasy repeatedly, but what gives with shojou anime? Guys love it because it hits that part of us that football and beer commercials wouldn't go near: our heart. Hey, even if Pokemon comes on, I have a hard time changing the channel...

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread already exists.
    Why do you like anime?

Closed.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2