Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why do you like anime?

Newbie Ruri may be famous one day Ruri may be famous one day Ruri's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do you like anime?

ok well i was wondering why some of you like anime to see if it compared to why i like anime i dnt know...id love to know why your reasons are and heres my reason.

why i like anime hmmm lets see well it shows a very creative side of how certain people think and well its a form of entertainment that is quite fascinating i love the fact that it comes from Japan because it also gives you an insite as to the Japanese culture. It also helps us to take a step out of reality and let our imaginations run wild i love the story lines the plots everything even the way they get the music to draw you into this world of anime...i think thats why i love anime ooh and because it got me into martial arts which i love very much...
    Last edited by Ruri; Jun 19, 2005 at 12:25 AM.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why do you like anime?

Must there always be a clear reason so as why we like some things? This question was already asked before, and I couldn't answer. I can't answer now neither. I just like it. I just enjoy it

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Must there always be a clear reason so as why we like some things?

I started watching it cuz I didn't have anything to do . But then I just started getting obsessed( ) with it to the point where I started drawing and watching anime and manga all day.... but my shrink tells me I'm doing much better now... Now I'm not( ) as obsessed with it (except for FLCL)
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like anime
    I love it

anime is the perfect storytelling medium
    live-action movies are crap, story-wise
    okay.... he's the hero, he's the bad guy, she's the damsel, and at the end is where the hero triumphs over evil (John Woo-style: )..............
    ....a formula over-used by Hollywood and Western culture....
    anime on the other hand uses character development to enhance the cliched formula
    sometimes, one would actually feel sorry for the bad guy

in other words, anime are cartoons for grown-ups
    and kids who are sick of Acme anvils and dynamite

giant robots kick ass
    w00t
    [-_-]
    I love my girlfriend.

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

gee I've always wondered that question. I don't know, I guess it because of the artistic beauty, or the story lines, I really have no clue, but I love anime
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    in other words, anime are cartoons for grown-ups
    and kids who are sick of Acme anvils and dynamite
    I believe anime has had a great influence on american culture and it's the reason that the classic warner bros and disney cartoons aren't shown as much anymore on certain channels that used to show them. Now, cartoon network shows a lot more anime than it used to, and shows American cartoons(influenced by anime) as well, such as Megas XLR andTeen Titans, where the characters sport more of an anime style and look to them. Nickelodeon has this new series out called "Avatar" which also has an anime look and disney shows lilo and stitch which also shares the style.

The reason I am fond of anime is because it brings the viewpoint of the Japanese culture in terms of how stories can be told or how emotions can be showed in animation. It brings the things we see in movies to an animated form that used to be compromised of mainly comedy.

Newbie energy may be famous one day energy may be famous one day
    Thanks

I like kappa mikey, I mean I'm sur eI will like it, I am ecpected it, it will be terrific, do you know it ???

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

well a couple of thousands of reasons. i love the art work. i don't read stuff like FLCL or Ramna 1/2 because i hate how it is drawn. so i definatly look on the style of teh artist before buying the manga, i am a visual person, thus i need good art. i also like the love, yaoi, yuri and hentai well for obvious reasons.... some people like teh real thing i like it in anime form :: the story lines are also original. some manga and anime go beyond just love but into complex issues. a long time ago teh story lines were all different but now peopel are running out of stuff to write about so they use the most popular topics like teen drama such as Peach Girl. anime is just so visual and creative, it's hard not to love it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast