Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why do you play games?

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    I play games for these 3 reasons.

1) Cause i'm Bored.
    2) To let time fly by.
    3) And if i'm mad or something, i just play game to escape the fact that life exists :P

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    It depends on what game i'm playing if i'm playing a mutliplayer game it because i want to play with my friends.I'm usaully playing rpg because I like to personally make my chararcters
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodion
    That's like saying, I tend not to like 2-door sedans because they only have 2 doors! MMORPGs don't have deep storylines because the main point in a true multiplayer environment is that you and your buddies WRITE OUT THE PLOT/STORY yourselves, via the many adventures you guys will have as a group IN the persistent world of the MMORPG. And that's where the fun is...the camaraderie. The only people who don't get much out of MMORPGs are those who usually slug it out ALONE in the game, which actually is contrary to the philosophy of this type of game. I stopped playing RO simply because my buddies (and eventually myself) got too busy with work, and yes it wasn't fun without them around because their presence was important in the gaming experience.

And ALL games take up too much time, believe me. It doesn't matter if its an offline story-rich RPG, an MMORPG or an RTS or arcade/action game--if you are enjoying it to the point that you can't seem to do anything else anymore, then it's indeed taking up too much time. Finally, I disagree with the idea that MMORPGs have "little story"...that's like saying that the Star Wars Galaxies plot is some two-bit cheesy space story that some 3rd Grader wrote, or that Everquest is nothing more than a troll and a half-naked pixie picking berries. It all depends on the guys who wrote the "universe" of the game. For instance, the Neverwinter Nights series can be considered an MMORPG simply because the NWN servers are indeed persistent worlds, and it would be dumb to consider the milieu, Forgotten Realms as having "little story"...it's a formidable environment that is deeply rooted in the earliest Dungeons & Dragons pen-and-paper editions when TSR was still a "garage" industry back in the 1970's, but now using the 3rd Edition ruleset.

-RODION

Don't get me wrong Rodion. I like to play team games as much as the next person, just not that kind of team game. Most games from start to finish range between 8-24 hours. RPG's take up about 40+ depending on secret quests, multiple endings, etc. I'm not trying to put down MMORPGs, I'm just not fond of them. Some people call everquest the best game in the world, others call it ever"crack" because it's too addictive and takes up more time in people's lives than anything else. Some people have lost jobs because of it, Some have lost relationships, and others just can't leave it alone. I played one MMORPG, and that was Star wars Galaxies. I was interested in it for a bit, but when I found out that it follows no particular storyline and you are just there to chat, make friends, and form a party, I kind of let it go. I can chat in AIM, I can make friends in real life, and a real party is definitely better than an online one. Sorry if I upset you, but I just don't find them fun, I find them more tedious than fun.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Newbie Kowa may be famous one day Kowa may be famous one day Kowa's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I know why I play gams now.

Well I have been thinking and trying to figure out why I play games. (MMORPG's mainly) The only reason I could come up with is, becaus, I wish that my life was that. when I play game I trully become that charucter, I am in the game I feall what is in the game. I guess the only truth is this world that I live in is not one that exepts me. so I turn to games.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -_-

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    My apologies to you too, False Truth if you felt that I reacted in a strong manner. I was just trying to clear things up because people might get the wrong impression about MMORPGs.

Again, peace and happy new year!

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowa
    Well I have been thinking and trying to figure out why I play games. (MMORPG's mainly) The only reason I could come up with is, becaus, I wish that my life was that. when I play game I trully become that charucter, I am in the game I feall what is in the game. I guess the only truth is this world that I live in is not one that exepts me. so I turn to games.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -_-

Know what ya mean... Wish life can just be a game. U do something stupid reset it. Or something. Wouldn't anyone wish game but be a reality? lol. I would. That be awesome! You kill people and they repawn. Now to explain over population...

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanic
    To fill in the gaps of my otherwise borring life...

Really though, it's just another kind of of entertainment, if i didn't play games I would would probably stair at the tv or constantly bother my friends... it's win-win
    I gotta agwee wit dat! Nothing fills up ur life than to play some games to keep u busy...besides..what else are u gonna do without games? LoL...staring at the tv.....its a all-time american sport.. but otherwise...i think we play games cuz there is this inner feeling that just makes us wanna wreak havoc and have alittle fun..also to blow off some steam (its wat i do ).

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodion
    My apologies to you too, False Truth if you felt that I reacted in a strong manner. I was just trying to clear things up because people might get the wrong impression about MMORPGs.

Again, peace and happy new year!

-RODION
    Thanks and sorry if I was trying to put out a bad message on MMORPGs. It's just that most people I conversate with tend to jump at anything regarding truth that I speak of. I'm not always right about the truth I'm aware of that, I just tell my opinions and if I happen to be wrong, I can gladly be corrected. Guess that's why my name is false truth.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast