Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why do you think there making all the newer "scary" movies pg-13??

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    You have to remember to that because of file sharing these movies can be seen but anyone, any age downloaded pretty much at anytime so movies can't be too harsh.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Heaven forbid there actually be a movie worthy of a R rating due to violence. More so in Horror. I think they're just trying to milk this "cash cow" as much as possible, and not getting much if you ask me.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think its become much more difficult to scare modern audiences. what i see now is a lot of shock value, not real terror. i cant remember the last time was really scared in the theater.

The end is important in all things.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    You've definatly got a point there. I think the more modern and mature society grows, superstitions seem to fade away, kinda sad really, cuz I don't think I've ever been scared in a movie theatre.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenOne
    i think its become much more difficult to scare modern audiences. what i see now is a lot of shock value, not real terror. i cant remember the last time was really scared in the theater.
    Exactly. They don't know how to scare people so they try and shock them instead. The problem with going for the 'shock' scare is that the more you see the more desensitized you become. They have to keep uping the ante just to get the same affect. If they really scared you (suspense) it wouldn't be temporary.

The scariest movie I saw growing up was 'Watcher In The Woods'. Everytime they cut the background music I would crawl under my seat because I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS COMMING! I never got that stomach dropping chill from 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    More teens like horror.
    Seduced by Flesh

Thanks
    I don't think anyone can really get scared of a movie unless they had one of those interactive movies where you feel the environment around you, kinda like those disney 3D movies in DisneyWorld.

Newbie Rassius Luin may be famous one day Rassius Luin may be famous one day Rassius Luin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Maybe it contains some kind of a "hard to understand for kids" things. Like killers, ghosts, adult materials and stuffs. Kids 13 above can understand some of those I think..lol.. Or maybe its just about money.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast