Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone callthemselvs an otaku

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why does everyone callthemselvs an otaku

i like anime alot. those of u who speak of it wrongly diserved to be smacked. lol

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that I am not an anime otaku. During the summer, I have a lot of interest in reading manga and watching anime since I have time to and it is fun, but recently I have not been a total addict. However, when I first started anime, I think I was somewhat obsessed, but now it's just a nice cartoon show that is fun to watch that provides many important lessons and messages. Also the art in anime is better than any other style of animation I have seen. I even like anime art better than 3-D Yeah, anime always teaches us something

~Kiss
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not a otaku but i do like anime alot
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Most addicts don't know they are addicted. lol
    hey its better than drugs lol
    Last edited by koga23; Mar 02, 2006 at 08:56 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

otaku= anime nerd

That's what it is, no different from calling someone a gamer (video game nerd), band nerd, etc etc. It's a self-given title to anime fans, and they can have it for all I care.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

being an otaku is simply a state of mind and being
    it is in the eye of the beholder
    arguing whether you are more "otaku" than somebody else is pointless and just stupid
    you are showing your immaturity by displaying for everyone to see your enormous ego of how you're better than everyone just because of your collection and you saying that you're the most obsessed and addicted of us all
    if you were actually presented with the situation of doing something extreme such as killing someone or eating the fecal matter of a homeless man for the sake of anime, I doubt you would have the guts to do any of that
    I doubt anybody in their right mind would have the guts to do any of that
    there is a big difference between saying you'll do something and actually doing the deed yourself
    it's hilarious how highly you think of yourself
    just because that you have the most anime out of the majority of us is meaningless
    a true otaku would never do such a thing such as shoving it all in the faces of others
    doing such an act proves you no better than all the other social groups out there
    arguing one's "otaku-ness" is just as stupid as emo kids arguing about who's the most depressed and comparing scars
    or the goth kids comparing each other's spookiness or how many chains or black clothing they have on
    it's just pathetic how full of yourself you are
    if you were truly an otaku -a fan of anime- than all you would do is appreciate anime itself instead of going through with this delusion that you're better than everyone else or you are the only person deserving of such a "title"
    you're wasting time for everyone and for yourself
    just go watch anime and read manga and go idolize the Japanese like a real otaku
    this kind of behavior you're displaying isn't that of an "otaku"
    it is that of a simple "fanboy"

I am sorry if I offend you in any way
    these are just my two cents on the whole thing
    I answered your little question and much, much more
    have a nice day
    Last edited by Innerhell; Mar 02, 2006 at 09:14 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

or maybe pretending to be proud cuz you're a loser somehow gives you security in it...

but... i'm not an otaku... i'm just a loser... just a plain old loser... like back in the day... you know...

i was REALLY a loser when i got into anime... cuz i THOUGHT i was an otaku... but i didn't know anything... i didn't know what MegaTokyo was...

yeah...

it was that bad...

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

argh..nt sure..been away frm anime 4 2 yrs..tryin to keep up...

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

the term otaku simply means 'anime freak'. not 'everyone' calls themself an otaku... but maybe because this is an 'anime forum'? i'm sure if you had a look at a sports forum or something, you wouldn't be able to find more than 5 people who call themselves an otaku

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast