Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does parents think they can run your life (even though they can some what)

Newbie Yami D may be famous one day Yami D may be famous one day Yami D's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does parents think they can run your life (even though they can some what)

my mom thinks that she can tell me that i cant take japanese in high school. right now im taking spanish but i hate it. if i can t tell her then i will show her... but how?
    Can't touch that!

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    first before you decide to "show" her, which i think will prove nothing......

answer me these questions:
    1. why do you want to take japanese so much? (i know i know, it's obvious )
    2. Why does she want you to take spanish so much?
    3. Is there any way you can take both at the same time? (ie: jap on wkends, spanish during the week -- that's how it was in my school)
    4. Have you tried, talking to her (not yelling at each other) about why you want to take jap instead of spanish (other than just "cuz i don't wanna")?

It's hard but there must be a reason she wants you to take spanish instead of jap. Trust me, to some degree....I KNOW.

And if you really wanted to learn, you could start out on the basics online. I'm sure other members here can point you to the right direction. "PROVING" it to her won't do you any good, 1. you prob need your parent's approval to enrol anyway and 2. she could pull you out of the course faster than a blink of an eye.

Honestly, think about taking it on your own time if you really want to learn it's the fastest way
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Angelan you should be counselor, that was great

The end is important in all things.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    wait a minute, if you live in America then your parent cannot have jurisdiction over what classes you take right??

because I "chose" my own foreign language, having my parents "strongly urge" me to take Chinese

anyways, Angelan is right about your parents knowing what's right

then again, we have parents who are simply control freaks

ask yourself this, will Spanish help you in the future especially if you already have in mind what you want to do later in your life

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well this is easy take japanese and say u are doing spanish hwo they going to knwo

Or just take japanese and tell your parents to shove it, what they going to do they can't ground your for ever.

Newbie KayJayFromAust may be famous one day KayJayFromAust may be famous one day KayJayFromAust's Avatar
    Thanks
    ummm i dont know but i would think that since it is your future we are talking about then why dont you have to right to do what you want. what you are thinking of doing is not bad, like taking drugs or stuff or i dont see the point why not?

perhaps sit down and have a talk with your mum? maybe things will work out

Newbie Pink*Rhapsody may be famous one day Pink*Rhapsody may be famous one day Pink*Rhapsody's Avatar
    Thanks
    She wants you to take spanish because there's more spanish speaking people that japanese. Speaking spanish can be more helpful, so maybe next year you can take japanese or when you get into college or something. I think spanish would be a lot more useful.
    I gotta get that cotton ball off my butt.
    I <3 T3H MONK3H!!!

Newbie Ashi may be famous one day Ashi may be famous one day Ashi's Avatar
    Thanks
    It never fails... somewhere down the line you look back on these things and realize that your parents were right, and you were just a whiny, snot-nosed kid with bad judgement about what was good for you. It happens to me all the time.

You only have one mother. Don't let stupid things like this affect your relationship.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast