Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why does parents think they can run your life (even though they can some what)

Newbie Shogo may be famous one day Shogo may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Although that sometimes parents are right. but they should let us choose what we want since were going to school anyways.
    But the main reason is that our parents don't want us to make there same mistakes they did in school.

But if you really want to know that spanish is the second most spoken that english. That's why my mom want's me to take it but i did and didn't like it.

The childern are our future and were here to guide and show them the way.

so pretty much just take it and if you don't like switch to Japanese.

Key thing to do be nice about it.

and have fun

Newbie Yami D may be famous one day Yami D may be famous one day Yami D's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo
    Although that sometimes parents are right. but they should let us choose what we want since were going to school anyways.
    But the main reason is that our parents don't want us to make there same mistakes they did in school.

But if you really want to know that spanish is the second most spoken that english. That's why my mom want's me to take it but i did and didn't like it.

The childern are our future and were here to guide and show them the way.

so pretty much just take it and if you don't like switch to Japanese.

Key thing to do be nice about it.

and have fun
    I dont like spanish. its my mom thats so obsessed with it. she took it in college but didnt complete the language.

not my fault but i will show her that i am not her.

my mom grew up in miami. and moved to TX and i will move from TX to Japan. soundd close to the same doesnt it?
    Can't touch that!

Newbie Morpherex may be famous one day Morpherex may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami D
    well luckly the high school that i will go to would allow me to take more then on language. so then i would see which language i do moe better in.
    the reason i want to take japanese so much is because i want to go to japan and one day live there. she just dont see that.
    but still i will show her. somehow.
    but i do obey my mother on some things but she will not control my dreams.
    No offense, but this is the most idiotic reason on why you want to learn Japanese.

Newbie Yami D may be famous one day Yami D may be famous one day Yami D's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpherex
    No offense, but this is the most idiotic reason on why you want to learn Japanese.
    *shrugs* well its not idiotic to me.
    Can't touch that!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you do want to live in Japan prepare accordingly. The language isn't the only thing different. I know a few people who have worked there and their experience wasn't the best. I have heard of others who like it very much though. You'll need to learn culture, history, and manners as well just to begin with.

Dream or not don't give up on the Spanish either. Once your out of High-School/College your desirability as an employee goes up with each additional language you know no matter where you live.

I know someone who speaks Japanese and at least one other language and he is in so much demand he works for himself freelance and has to turn down jobs.

Good luck!

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    first before you decide to "show" her, which i think will prove nothing......

answer me these questions:
    1. why do you want to take japanese so much? (i know i know, it's obvious )
    2. Why does she want you to take spanish so much?
    3. Is there any way you can take both at the same time? (ie: jap on wkends, spanish during the week -- that's how it was in my school)
    4. Have you tried, talking to her (not yelling at each other) about why you want to take jap instead of spanish (other than just "cuz i don't wanna")?

It's hard but there must be a reason she wants you to take spanish instead of jap. Trust me, to some degree....I KNOW.

And if you really wanted to learn, you could start out on the basics online. I'm sure other members here can point you to the right direction. "PROVING" it to her won't do you any good, 1. you prob need your parent's approval to enrol anyway and 2. she could pull you out of the course faster than a blink of an eye.

Honestly, think about taking it on your own time if you really want to learn it's the fastest way
    "Learn from the wise, for they will lead you in the correct path"

Very well said.

Your parents know what they are talkign about, they have been on this earth for much longer than you. I'm sure they have a reason for their so called "punishment" they bestow upon you.

2jz
    Newbie 2jz may be famous one day 2jz may be famous one day 2jz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes i agree but it is still a pain in the butt

Newbie Ashi may be famous one day Ashi may be famous one day Ashi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Couple things. Maybe not what you'll want to hear, but you'll do well to read anyway.

1) High school Japanese is almost wholly useless for living in Japan. The only way you'll learn common, spoken Japanese is through visiting there. First year university and college Japanese courses cover most of the high school curriculum in a single semester. Even then, there's a discrepancy between what you'll learn in the classroom and what you'll hear there.

2) It's not a terribly good idea to live there. Overzealous Japan Fans learn this pretty quickly. Nice to visit, of course, I know I enjoyed it, but living costs are atrociously expensive and getting decent jobs are very difficult for non-natives, both because of the language barrier and the inherent racism that persists in much of the older population.

Your mother's right - you probably will get more use out of Spanish. In a few years, if you still somehow think it's a good idea, then just take Japanese in college as one of your electives. They don't expect you to have any background whatsoever, so you won't be behind at all.

Try harder to meet your mother half-way and be maturer about this rather than completely disregarding her input.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast