Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why dont the presidents fight the war?

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Why dont the presidents fight the war?

Ok this isnt like the last thread about he war in Iraq

I like the song BYOB by System Of A Down

But in the song it says "why don't the Presidents fight the war?Why do they always send the poor?"

But yes I know that a country needs leadership and if you send the president he could kind of die and all but the question still stands.
    The President is still an american citizen and this is his country to so why cant he go to war and fight like the rest of the people?

Doesnt make any sense to me..........Nothing makes sense about this war but could president bush go to war in Iraq and fight among the troops or would he make it? President Washington went and fought so why cant bush and any other president for any matter fight too
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

Newbie Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why dont the presidents fight the war?

War is young (and poor) people dying, and old (and rich) people sitting around looking like 'great leaders'. It's been that way since people can remember.

No disrespect to Americans everywhere, but President Bush can't even handle a speech properly. I don't think he'll be able to handle a gun with much (if any) success.

Just my two cents and stuff.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Why the hell would you consider sending the leader of the most powerful nation to the world to the front lines to be taken out by a sniper bullet (the merits of the results are outside the scope of this thread...)

It's true that President Washington fought, but that was before he became president. Back in those times, capturing the President was the equivalent of capturing the country... As leader of the nation's armed forces, the President is a legitimate military target, and must not be subjected to commen threats from front line military operations...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, Len's got a point there. Warfare has changed over the centuries, that's true. It's not like armies pick a field and send in cavalry and stuff anymore. We have ICBM's now, don't we? Just push the button and war is declared and over in probably half a day anyways.

And so the part of the war generals and Presidents have been reduced to smoky boardroom meetings.

Thanks

Yeh but when has he been to I raq Ihave been watching the news and Tony Blair has been to I raq and even though he only the Prime Minister who is second in command of the country but is close enought o the actual leader as it comes. But bush has not been to Iraq??????What the heck why cant he go and all I mean if he can go to surrounding countries where the troops are why cant he go where the real thing is.......all other world leaders are so..................is he chicken or what? I mean no disrespect to him I just dont know why the British are sending what is their most important person to Iraq but we arent we look really pathetic

Newbie Kawaii Gurl may be famous one day Kawaii Gurl may be famous one day Kawaii Gurl's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I agree with yanna, but The president don't want to fight and Die and some president thinks that there are much more important than everyone else so he can't die. Why make the other ppl die!

Otaku Madness Combat may be famous one day Madness Combat may be famous one day Madness Combat's Avatar
    Thanks

I know that the president shouldn't go out to war. He could get killed. But I still think a leader should go out and fight. But still, you don't want the leader of your country to die from a bullet

Thanks

I love this this is the first post that I have some one agree with me but ne ways I see the upside and down side of the whole thing but there has got to be some way to fix the problem

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast